Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Miss Daphers!

Well, it came. Daphne's 4th birthday that she has been asking for since about last July has come.... and gone. She had such a great birthday and was so happy to tell anyone who would listen that she was indeed 4 now, not 3 anymore. The day before her birthday she had preschool and we made cookies to take as her birthday treat. She got to wear a crown and everyone sang Happy Birthday to her. She loved it. The next day started out with a phone call from her daddy (who has been in Virginia for 2 weeks) and then a birthday breakfast of Daph's choice (toaster strudles, bananas, and hot chocolate with marshmellows) We spent the morning getting ready for her party that night until it was time for her party with her friends.

She has been so excited to have a real "Birthday Party" with her friends. Now, I generally do not do birthday parties with friends until my kids turn 5. But because we are moving and because Daphne only has 3 really close friends that she plays with all the time, I made an exception. But I took the easy way out and didn't do anything theme-filled or cool- we went to McDonalds PlayPlace. I guess they all thought it was fun and Daphne thought it was an awesome idea when I suggested it, so I was glad I didn't have to do any work for her "party".The guests were Becca's 2 girls Mckenzie and Madison (Daphne is right in between them-9 months older than Madi and 9 months younger than Kenzie. The 3 of them are the 3 musketeers!) and also her best cousin Kiersta. The girls all played for awhile and then came and ate their happy meals. Then they played some more and then they came to open presents (Daphne got an adorable Tinkerbell stationary kit and a Tinkerbell beach ball and some Littlest Pet Shops-lucky girl). Then they played some more and then they came and we sang Daph Happy Birthday (yes, in front of a room full of strangers who were all staring at us- I have no shame when it comes to my kids :) and she pretended to blow out a candle. It was such a fun little party.


Later that day we had a birthday dinner of her choice (chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, grapefruit and lemonade. I know- what is wrong with my child that she would choose that as her birthday dinner??) and then we decorated for her My Little Pony party. The extent of that was tying up some balloons and hanging up a birthday banner (you'll see the amazing outcome later on ;). Then everyone came and Daphne was so excited. She wispered in my ear so politely that she would like to please open presents first. I let her, of course. She received from Andy and I and her siblings a bathrobe, a Leapster2, Fairytopia (a barbie movie), a Rapunzel barbie, a kitty Webkinz, and her very own water bottle (all the kids always want to use mine from the gym, so I am slowly getting them each their own for birthdays) She also received a bunch of clothes (boring!) and from her Grandma and Papa Jerman she received a Baby Alive doll which has been a huge hit ever since, and which has also peed on my floor about 3 times now. She got money from her Great Grandma Marge (that she wants to buy a pillow pet with) and a big My Little Pony from her Great Grandma Darlene. She also received many cards from other grandparents, and aunts and uncles. Everyone was so thoughtful and she was so grateful. Her other grandma wasn't able to make it to her party, but we're going over there Sunday, and I know Daphne will be thrilled with her gift which is a dress-up wedding dress. I can't wait to see her open it, I know she'll love it. Now here are a million pictures of her family party.


She's a little out of it in this one...





I seem to lose all organazational (is that a word?) abilities whenever Andy goes out of town, so here is me lighting matches as fast as I can because we were out of birthday candles.

Oh my goodness, I love this girl


I told you my party decorating abilities were amazing!

Happy Happy Birthday Daphne, you are the sweetest 4 year old I know and we all love and adore you so much!

2 comments:

amberkei said...

What a sweet girl! Maybe it's four-year-olds, but Trenton tells me all day how much he loves me. Maybe they know how to get things out of us that way?! Hope you're doing well and not going too crazy with things to do!

The A.Wahls said...

She is adorable! My little Aubrey will be four next month. I can't believe it! Looks like you had a fun day celebrating. By the way, I should dig out the pictures of my fourth b-day party...I had a My Little Pony cake too and there are cute pictures of you! :)

P.S. Thanks for taking time to read my post about Lois. I will miss her; telling other people about her was a way to remember her.