Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home Depot CAN be Fun

Wow. I have so much to do. But we've got another thing checked off our list. Somehow that happens even though half the time I feel like I am getting absolutely NOTHING accomplished. Last Saturday we headed to Home Depot to order new carpet and blinds for our house (ummmm, ya. We're finally getting new carpet and blinds and we're leaving. Whatev) It was taking forever! The kids hate Home Depot anyway and finally they started being crazies and running around like lunatics. We finally forced Bear to sit in the cart. This is his attempt at escape:

Here are the other kids entertaining themselves in the custom area rugs:

We had our house measured for carpet today and they'll be coming in the next couple of weeks to lay it. Andy is attempting a Pergo floor in our living room (we actually have real hardwood under the carpet, which we were going to restore until we found out it was MUCH cheaper to lay the fake stuff) and we have a PODS coming also within the next couple of weeks which we will slowly start filling with our possesions so they can take it all to VA for us. We officially started packing yesterday, we sold our extra car a couple weeks ago (yay!) and we also signed a lease for our rental home today and now all we need is for someone to rent OUR home. Please let anyone know who might be interested! It is a 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, completely remodled, fully fenced backyard, pets allowed, tri-level, 1600 square-foot home in Taylorsville for $1200/month. We have LOVED our little home and would like to rent it to some great people.
The clock is tickin'. I can't believe that in less than a month I will be living in Virginia. It is weird, but I am also getting excited for our new adventure. Some things have happened recently that have kind of prepared me, and now I am just ready to go. Of course I will cry my eyes out and I will miss my family and friends and home more than anything, but I know that this is what we are supposed to be doing and that it will bring us closer together as a family.
Okay, ready set.... go! Get that to-do list taken care of!

3 comments:

The A.Wahls said...

I am so excited for you! Moving away from home and family is really hard to do...and there will be some hard, lonely moments, but there are a lot of great things too. We have gained such a sense of independence from being under our parents' wings, confidence in ourselves, and dependence on each other. When we moved away 6 1/2 years ago, I thought we'd be home in just a few years. Now here we are, happy and increasingly less anxious to move back. I love going home to visit or having people come visit us and then getting back to my own space. Sunday afternoons were the hardest adjustment as that was a typical "family visit" time but you will quickly find things to fill the time and void. Make great relationships with new friends and ward members and explore your new territory. It's going to be a great adventure! One other tip: take advantage of "Skype" and a webcam. Every Sunday night we call home and have storytime from Grandma. We all get to "see" each other and it really bridges the gap! Good luck in the upcoming weeks!

Jasmyn said...

A trip to Home Depot with 4 kids? That sounds like a blast! A trip with just one kid is fun for me, so I would probably pull my hair out with 4! :)

That's exciting, Sarah - lots of new changes for the new year, huh? When is the move date? Do you have time to get together for a girl's lunch one last time before you leave?

Travis and Cristan said...

I can't wait to see the changes in a few weeks- it sounds exciting! Too bad you wont get to enjoy it for a few years;)(I know you will want to come back eventualy!)