Friday, March 5, 2010

Our Last Hurrah(s)!

We had such a fun last couple of weeks in Utah before we moved. We got together with every possible person we could, kids and adults included. Here it is, in a nutshell...


I got to get my hair done one last time by my favorite hair stylist ever. She's going to kill me for posting a picture of her, but I forgot to take a picture of us when we were together, so I stole this off her facebook page. Not only is she an amazing stylist, she is an amazing friend. We always had so much fun talking about.... stuff. She's the best-I'll miss you Tara (and I will be calling you whenever I visit for the magic touch of Tara.... that sounded weird, I promise it's not ;)



I already mentioned my fun bday date with Cris, but that I forgot to take a picture.... so here's one from a getogether at Christmas-love ya lady! I will miss our nail/hair nights.... and I will miss having beautiful toes and hands because of you. And of course, I will miss you because you're..... well, you :)

Karrie, Kaya, Corrine, Lisa, Rebecca
Melina, Moi, Mindy, Sam

Joie, Doreen, Dianne, Tiffany, Tamara
Then I got to go to lunch with all the ladies in my ward (a few couldn't make it.... we missed you!) We had such a great time. I love all of these women so much and I already miss seeing all of them at church and throughout the week :(


Stef, >oi, Amber, Jasmyn, Bree


Most of our kids (I think only my younger 3 are missing)
My sis-in-law's Bree and Stef, and cousin-in-laws, Amber and Jasmyn and I all got together for dinner at Bree's house, along with (most) all of the kids. We had fun chatting and laughing. I love these women. I didn't know Andy's cousin's very well, and then they moved to Utah. We became great friends. I'll miss you all!



Me, Andy, Dave, and Tara

Shad, Lance, Jo, Daph (Laylah was busy being "mom" to the new baby girl Talya and Baron was asleep on the couch :)



Dave and Tara had us over for dinner one last time before the move and we had a great time like always. Our kids adore each other, and even though we haven't been able to see as much of each other over the last couple years (because of where we live, more kids, schedules, etc) we will always be great friends.



Jo and Colby. They got to play a lot the week before we moved thanks to Colby's amazing mom Mindy. She was such a great help to me. These two boys are so cute together and I know they'll be friends forever.


Here's Jo and his girlfriend Bella. They were in the same kindergarten class and primary class and he adores her. She's a cutie!



Madi, Daph, and Mckenzie-The 3 Musketeers! These are Becca's girls and the 3 of them are inseperable. Daphne has already asked when we can go back to visit her "best friends"


Jonah, Aiden, Aysia, Laylah. The 2 girls went to preschool together and the 2 boys went to preschool together. Their mom was Lay and Jo's teacher and the preschool was in the basement. They became great friends and they would play together often. They will miss their "preschool friends"


Matt, Blair, JennyJo, Andy, me, Cheryl, Paul, and Liz. These 4 guys were best buddies through highschool and we get together with them a couple times a year. We had a fun night going to Leatherby's and bowling. I'm so lucky that all these guys married wonderful women whom I can be great friends with.

Remember about a year ago when I beat Andy's highscore of bowling with a 153 and then he beat me a week later with a 156? And then I said that I would beat it someday? Well, that day came.... I kicked everyone's trash and scored a 173. That's right, I'm awesome :)


The Ladies

Our Men



Mine and Becca's last get together for breakfast. I'm especially sad about moving away from Becca because they are also moving away this summer to Wisconsin. Her hubby got into dental school (yay Brian!) but they won't be there when we go back to visit. SO sad :( I guess we'll have to make a trip to Wisconsin.... maybe this September when Becca has her 3rd baby :)









My cute Grandma Darlene took my entire family out to dinner (minus Rach and her little family who live in Vegas) We had such a fun time. I LOVE my family and I love being with them. I already can't wait to visit. Love you guys :)


The day before we left my grandma Marge came over to see ua one last time also. Like I said- I love my family :)


We went over for dinner on the Sunday before we left to Andy's parents and got to see everyone there (minus his sister Jenny and her family who live in St. George) and we had so much fun. I'm so glad Andy's brother Ryan is getting married in May so we get to come back and see everyone we love and miss.
As you can see, we did have a GREAT week. We miss everyone already even though we've only been gone a few weeks. We're adjusting to life here, although we've definately had some "culture shock". It's just so different-not bad, but different. And like I said a few posts ago, we have plenty of room and we are happy to have visitors anytime :)

3 comments:

Travis and Cristan said...

remind me never to go bowling with you...EVER!

that score is freaking ALL
STAR material!

Tara said...

Awww. Your so nice. I need a vacation so maybe I will come see you and do your hair:) It looks like you are getting all settled. I bet your kids love riding the bus. That is Kenadee's favorite part of school.

Jasmyn said...

Sarah! Sounds like you guys are adjusting well to life in VA. :) That's so good about the kids with school--with Andy as their dad I was afraid they might be a little slower, but then I remembered that you're their mom, so it doesn't surprise me that they're at the top of their class. (And I mean that in the kindest, cousin way, Andy, keeping in mind how many times you sat on me or beat me growing up) :)

Can you email me the two pictures from our last get-together? I didn't take any!

Thanks - love ya!
Jazz