Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Valentine's Love

This is what Valentine's Day is all about.... stuffing yourself with delicious bakes goods, candies, chocolates, and other fine treats... Oh, and of course LOOOOVVVVE
Our Valentine's Day lasted the whole weekend because of Valentine's being on a Sunday this year. The kid's all got to have Valentine's Day parties, exchange cards and treats with friends, make adorable crafts, and other fun stuff. It also happened to be all of my kids' last day of school in Utah. Everyone was so sweet to all of my kids and expressing how much they would miss them and how sad they would be when they were gone.

Daphne's preschool party
Goodbye!


Hope to see you later!




Cupid came on Sunday and the kids were so excited when they answered the door and saw each of their cute baggies full of goodies. Daphne is in her pajammas because she was sick YET AGAIN!!! What is with this girl and holidays??? She has thrown up on the last 3 out of 4 major holidays-all of the ones that involve candy and treats. WEIRD. SO I have to spend all day being the bad guy and telling her she can't eat anything yummy. It also happened to be our last day attending our ward, and it was fun for all of the kids to get to see their teachers one last time, and it was quite appropriate that it was Valentine's, becasue I don't know if I've ever hugged so many people in one day! It was hard to say goodbye, but I was glad to feel the love :)
Andy and I actually celebrated in mid-January becasue we knew we'd be swamped with moving stuff, and I am SO glad we did. We were so busy that last week in Utah and there is no way we could have ever squeezed another thing in. Anyway, he surprised me by taking me to a bed and breakfast (the same one we stayed in on our wedding night-Castle Creek Inn-I highly recommend it, it is my fave) after he had been out of town for 2 weeks and we had so much fun. Andy's sister Stef, as part of our Christmas present, had invited all 4 kids to come have a sleepover, so they stayed with her. It was a fun early Valentine's celebration and I'm glad we got to do it.
Happy Valentine's Day! We sure loved it!

No comments: