Friday, March 12, 2010

A "Proud Mommy Moment"

A couple days ago the kids had parent teacher conferences. Even though the kids had only been in school a couple weeks, I wanted to talk to their teachers to see how they were adjusting and to see if they were keeping up. I had heard from numerous people about how great the schools were out here and that they move really quickly and the kids here a really advanced. Now, I think my kid's are smart, but one of my biggest concerns was that they would be way behind, especially Jo after learning about all day kindergarten instead of half day.

So, I went to Jonah's teacher first. She started out saying how well he has adjusted and everyone loves him and the class has just really embraced him. Then she started asking me questions about schools in Utah and the curriculum. I told her what I knew and then she said "I was just curious because Jonah is one of the top of the class. He is in the highest reading group and is ahead on many things." I was very surprised.... and so relieved. She went on about how great he's doing and how sweet and funny he is. Whew. One down, one to go :)

On to Laylah's teacher. She started out by saying how sweet Laylah is and how she can't wait to see what she is wearing every day becasue she always looks so cute. Then she went on to say that she had done a quick evaluation on Laylah when she first came and she had put her in the top reading group and top spelling group and she is doing terrific. She said that she has made friends, and has had no troubles with schoolwork. The only thing he needs to practice is her math (hmmm, like mother like daughter :) but even there she is doing fine. She said that she isn't worried about her in the slightest. Another huge relief. I was so happy to hear all this good news.

This move has gone so smoothly for us. Everyone has transitioned quickly and easily. I am so grateful and also happy. I love my life. It is good and full of joy...

6 comments:

Tara said...

That is awesome. That is a proud mamma moment. How great that they are adjusting so well. I LOVE your couches by the way. They look great. It sounds like you are having fun!

Chris and Amy Darton said...

Thats great Sarah! Im so glad things are going well and everyone has adjusted quickly- moving can be so hard.

Becca and Brian said...

What little smarty pants! I'm glad to hear everyone is adjusting okay!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh what a great moment! Who are we kidding, of course your kids are awesome, look at their mommy!!! So glad to hear that the transition has gone well, it probably just reaffirms your decision to move in the first place! Good luck and keep us posted!

SamandJasonfamily said...

So glad to hear everything is going well for you. That's neat about how well your kiddos are doing in school!

Original AC Breaker said...

Sounds like those kids take after their Dad, your husband is a genius and good looking too.