Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Day of School.... Again

The 2 kids started their first day of school here in Virginia the Monday after we got here. We went in to register them and the paperwork took me an hour and a half.

Brutal.

So after that, we had a tour with the counselor and everyone was so nice. The kids were so excited. We got to meet their teachers and I really like both of them. I then asked about morning/afternoon kindergarten and the counselor said "Oh, didn't you know? Kindergarten is all day here." I was a little stunned. My Jonah gone ALL DAY? But, what do you do?

Anyway, the school is amazing. They have a main teacher and then specialty teachers for things like art, music, P.E., Spanish, etc. They have just loved school thus far and have already made a lot of new friends. Jonah loves getting to eat lunch at school. They love getting to ride the bus now (as we live about 3 miles away from the school-everything is so far away here) and it is just weird to have them out the door by 8:15 and they don't get home until almost 4. Still, they are loving it. And I'm sure once I get into a routine, I will too :)

2 comments:

Travis and Cristan said...

I would have loved to ride the bus...LUCKYS!

Mrs.Spy said...

Looks like they are embracing the changes and enjoying the new adventure!