Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Brings

Some wonderful things! (and some not so wonderful things....)Aren't you jealous of my "forest" backyard? Okay, okay, I know it's not much to look at right now, but when those trees are covered in beautiful leaves and blossoms, you will be :)


Here's the not so wonderful part of spring.... spring cleaning! I absolutely hate going through all of Laylah and Jonah's old clothes to find the sizes that Daphne and Baron are in. And then I have to go clean out their dressers and closets, bag all of their old clothes up, and ship them off to my 2 sister-in-laws who can use them. It's such a pain.... and I have to do it twice a year. Bleeeeeh.The "usable" clothes.... sometimes after going through these bins I think "What was I thinking when I kept this? It has stains on it and looks like it's 10 years old!" But then the fun part comes.... shopping!! for new clothes for Laylah and Jonah and the extra few things Daph and Bear are lacking from their new/old wardrobe. I just bought 46 items from gap/old navy using my 30% off friends and family discount. I think I saved somewhere around $175.... nice :)


Here's the "froggy" jammies Bear was so excited to find in his "new" pile of clothes. Jonah grabbed them away from him and said "Look mom! My frog jammies! I can't wait to wear these!" Until I explained that they didn't fit him and they were now Bear's. Then he cried. Oh, so sad....
P.S. Just to give you an idea of how large my son Baron is, Jonah wore these pajammas from ages 3-5.... and Bear is still 1. For another month anyway.

3 comments:

Chris and Amy Darton said...

Id agree- that would suck, but at least you get to go shopping!! If you ever need any takers for those old clothes....you know where to find me :)

The Jubbs said...

Oh, I just got done with that project too! I bagged up all the girl clothes for the last 2 years and I'm making Stef store them now. I move to much to be the one with them. And oh, by the way, I know it's not a fun job, but we appreciate the heck out of getting the hand-me-downs! We would never make it without them. ;) You are the answer to our prayers all these years when we've been so broke! Can't wait to see you guys in two months.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Wow I am actually way jealous of your backyard, think of all the fun adventures your kids will have back there. So glad to see that ya hit up the extra %30 of...I don't know what I would do without it (ha ha ha!)