Monday, May 2, 2011

Motherhood: Celebrate and Learn



My 5 little kiddos, December 2010



This week, because Mother's Day is this coming Sunday, I wanted to celebrate Motherhood and write a little something (or maybe not so little, depending on my mood :) every day about my personal feelings on motherhood. I love being a mom even though it is the hardest thing I have, or ever will, do. It is challenging, frustrating, difficult, exhausting, stressful, scary, sad, etc. etc. I could go on and on. However, it is also the best, most rewarding, greatest, most divine, wonderful, fun, exciting, amazing, thrilling, heart-warming, etc. etc., thing I have done, or ever will do, as well. My kids are my life right now. And even though I was told from the start (and am still reminded quite often), it goes by so quickly, and that I need to enjoy it. And I do! Time sure does fly when you're having fun, right?




I loved General Conference last month. It was just, simply put, wonderful. THIS talk really stuck with me. Although it is for parents, and not just aimed towards mothers, as a mom, it sure made me cry. I know I am an imperfect mother. I need to earn my degree in Patience 101 for starters. But that is the very reason I am so grateful for our general authorities and leaders. They are guided by our loving Heavenly Father to know just what to say. And the talk What Manner of Men and Women ought Ye to Be? just stuck with me. I needed it. And I have tried to practice it. I still have a ways to go and I think I always will, but I've got a good start.




Happy Mother's Week!

No comments: