Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Jonah Starts Junior High

 My baby boy started junior high this year! It is always weird for me to have Jonah do something because while Laylah is the oldest, it's just normal for her to do new things. But for some reason it is weird for me when Jonah does new things, because he's not the oldest. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but that's how I feel.

The night before school stared we headed to the junior high open house to get Jonah his schedule and show him his locker and where to find his classes.
 He had to try 3 or 4 times before he opened it. And I had to sneak these photos because he was so embarrassed.

Success!

After walking around the school for a bit, we took him out to dinner (he chose Rubio's and I was not sad about that ;) and talked to him about the big changes coming his way. We talked about the changes people make in junior high and how he needs to always keep his standards high. We told him that lots of kids change and try to be "cool" and that kids he though how knew will be totally different. We talked about who he should be a light to others and a good example and a friend to all. He took it all in stride and did confide that he was pretty nervous about starting the next day. We reassured him and it made me happy that he still needed his mom and dad, even as a big 12 year old about to go into 7th grade.

 The next morning he was up bright and early, and ready to go in his new school duds. 7th grade starts the Friday before the rest of the district so they can get used to all of the huge changes without all of the scary 8th and 9th graders in the school as well. I may be biased but I think he is soooo handsome!

Pulling up and ready to go (schedule in hand :)

Bye, Jojo!

He had a great day and was happy to see familiar faces in his classes. He liked his teachers and thought it would be a great year. So proud of this jr high kid of mine!

No comments: