Saturday, December 3, 2016

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Marge!

 My mom's mother, my grandmother, turned 90 years old in September. However, all of her children were in town in July (one of her son's lives in Taiwan and one lives in Oregon) so we just happened to throw her a little surprise party. And boy, was she surprised! 

She is one of the funniest and quickest-witted people I have ever known. I love her dearly and I am so thankful that she has been around for this long so that my children have been able to get to know her as well as they have. She comes to every one of their birthday parties and always throws a fun Christmas party every year. Her husband passed away 20 years ago and she is just as independent as can be. She plays bridge, goes to movies, and stills hangs out with her girlfriends. She is hilarious and honest to a fault and just so fun to be around. I love her so much.  

We met at a park, had dinner, sang Happy Birthday and ate cake, and played some hilarious games. It was a lot of fun and I know she loved it. 

Laylah made this sign. She had all of the great-grandchildren write a note on the back of each letter in the sign.


These are all of the great-grandchildren in my family. 

 I love you, Grandma! Happy 90th!

No comments: