Friday, April 16, 2010

A Dinosaur Par-tay

Well, I guess we could say the Dino party was a success with a few (minor) exceptions. One of them being that most of Bear's beloved dinosaur balloons popped before the party, another being that I had no energy or desire to even decorate for the event, and the 3rd being that Baron did not even want to open, nor have anything to do with his presents. It was also weird having just our little family to celebrate, but it was still fun. Good thing he's only 2 and won't even remember this. The pictures may fool you, but it was a bit of a rough night. Here we go....


To start off the day, we watched a movie, played outside, and then went to run a couple errands. Bear and Daphne and I went to lunch, got a donut (Bear's choice) for dessert, and then came home for naps.

For dinner Bear chose french toast topped with berries and we also had bacon. We are a breakfast for dinner family, and that is his favorite. Here he is pretending to be a dinosaur while eating:

After dinner we went over to open presents. Bear was excited at first and kept pointing to the gifts and saying "dinosaur? dinosaur?" Too bad we didn't get him a dinosaur.... I hope he wasn't too disappointed.
He opened this cute R/C airplane from his Collette grandparents which he loved. I then went into the kitchen to get something and told him to play with that for a minute and then we'd open another one. Well, he decided to go ahead without me and started opening this little gorilla toy that walks and growls and is a little scary (I guess, but it is really funny) I came back over to see it's head poking out of the wrapping paper and Bear just staring at it in horror. I picked it up and finished unwrapping it and said "Look Bear, it's funny!" He started screaming and backing away from it as fast as he could, so fast in fact that he fell off the couch and then jumped up and started running away screaming in terror. Andy and I and the other kids just started laughing our heads off, it was so funny (And ohhhh, I wish I had it on video!). I said "Bear, come here, it's not scary, it's fun!" I turned it on, and put it on the floor. It started making monkey noises and walking towards him. He turned and ran and hid in another room and kept yelling "No mama! Scary, scary!" We just all though it was so funny. Finally I took mercy on him and put it up in the closet. Afterwards though, Bear did NOT want to open anymore presents. He was so sad and scared. I felt really bad after that. Andy and I and the kids had to help him open his presents and convince him they were fun and to come play with them. If he heard a loud noise or anything "scary" sounding (like his fire truck that had sirens on it), he would run over to me and jump in my lap and sit there until he was sure it wasn't that gorilla coming back to get him.

He was finally happy again after he opened his big tent with tunnels and we got it all set up. He loved it in there, hauled all his toys in and sat and played until we made him come out for cake.


He also got some money and cards from great grandparents, aunts and uncles, a magna doodle from my parents, along with some summer clothes, and lots of fun new toys from Andy and I, and candy from his brothers and sisters. I hope he only remembers the good stuff and not that "scary" gorilla. Maybe someday he'll like it. We'll see :)



Dino Cake


He couldn't resist taking a big bite before we cut it!


Happy Birthday cute Bear, we love you!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Crazy that he is two! Happy Birthday to Bear. I loved reading about your labor and delivery. I don't know if I had ever heard the whole story. Oh and I miss you.