Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Popcorn Poppin'

These pictures are from a day last week when spring was really in the air for the first time. It was such a lovely day and the kids were thrilled to be playing outside for a change.

These "popcorn" trees are literally everywhere. There are hundreds of thousands just in my neighborhood, in all different colors. Everytime we drive anywhere, all I hear from Bear is "Pa-corn tees mama!! Pa-corn tees!"


A few weeks ago, before spring had really come, this flower was just a little green thing in the ground. Jonah asked if he could pull it up and I told him no, that it would be a flower as soon as it got warmer. As soon as he realized it actually became a flower, he was so excited to show me. I don't think he had believed me :)



Sniffin' flowers






Happy Spring!

3 comments:

SamandJasonfamily said...

I can only hope for upcoming days like that. We had a snow storm last night. Brrrr.

Jake Spurlock said...

Thanks, snowing like crazy here in Utah.

Lisa M said...

You need to post pics of your house and neighborhood. I'm dying to see where we will be vacationing next year! ;)