Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Night "Out" at the Movies

Spring break. Ahhh, it's so nice. I never fully appreciated it because spring break in Utah is usually still snowy, so growing up, unless we went somewhere warm (and we did a LOT of the time-Hawaii, St. George, California-thanks mom and dad, you're the best :) I was usually stuck inside. Well, as I posted earlier, spring break here is more like summer. We've been having a great old time. I feel like we've finally been having some fun since we moved here! I'm still trekking through, but after various activites, I am exhausted and usually end up falling asleep on the couch right after the kids go to bed.

A few nights ago Andy brought home a projector from work, set up a sheet "movie screen" outside and we had our very own drive-in movie :) We ordered pizza and watched "Bedtime Stories" and they must have been really good stories, because every one of the kids (and the dog) fell asleep on the tramp. It got a little chilly and before they had fallen asleep, each one of them had crawled over to snuggle with me in my big blanket. We were a big, warm jumble of bodies by the end of it :)


It was a fun night.

4 comments:

amberkei said...

What a fun night! I love it!

Tara and David said...

How fun! I so wish that the weather here was like there...staying inside stinks!

The A.Wahls said...

This looks so fun! ...and I'm jealous of the large yard you have!

SamandJasonfamily said...

What a neat idea! Glad the weather is nice. We get teased here. One day it's cold, the next warm. It's Utah, go figure!