Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Andy, AKA, Closer to 40 than 30!

My cute hubby is getting old. It is so weird to think that he was just a young little guy when I met him him at the ripe old age of 21 and now he is 35. THIRTY-FIVE, people!

I surprised him with an overnight getaway to Park City. Rachel took our kids (sweet Rachel, how great you are) and we took off on Saturday afternoon to head up. We went to Main Street to eat dinner at Bangkok Thai on Main. Andy's favorite food lately is yellow curry and it did not disappoint. I had the pad thai. Yum yum.

We birthday shopped a bit and then Andy really just wanted to go back to our condo and relax. He watched basketball while I had to do some stupid math homework that was due by midnight and I hadn't finished it quite yet. We watched a movie after I finally finished and we ate dessert that we had gotten to-go.

The next morning I cooked us breakfast in the tiniest kitchenette I had ever seen. The condo we stayed in at The Carriage House was darling and everything was miniature. Tiny stove top, tiny microwave, tiny sink, and tiny oven.

I made french toast one slice at a time and a tiny pan of sausages that took about 20 minutes to cook because the stove top wouldn't get very hot. 

We packed up and headed home. When we got home we decided to eat some of his birthday cake because we both really wanted some. Glaus cake is the best cake ever and I could have eaten every bite myself. Of course, I would have thrown up, but it would have been worth it.

After a nap, we picked up our kids at Rachel's house and came home to eat Andy's birthday dinner of roast and mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, carrots, and strawberries.  Then we sang Happy Birthday and ate more birthday cake. The kids thought it was quite an injustice that Andy and I got two pieces. But you know what? We don't care because that is the perk of being a parent ;)


We let him open his presents. Besides shopping in Park City, I had gotten him a giant ladder that he had been wanting (I know, I know.... a ladder?? He likes weird things for presents.) And the kids got him a sound bar since our TV is getting old and doesn't have the best sound.

I think it was a pretty great birthday for the old guy (tee hee) and I think he had a good time. I sure am glad I get to celebrate him and spoil him a little bit. He is one of the hardest workers I know and I know he would literally do anything for me and our family.  I sure love him.

Happy #35, Andy!

No comments: