Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

 Mother's Day is one of my very favorite holidays. I love that my kids shower me with homemade gifts and write me a million little notes and cards about how I am the best mom ever, and that there is no other mom who is as good as me. I know it's not true, but it still makes me feel great. And I just love that I can use the fact that it's Mother's Day to get them to do whatever I want, HA!
 All of the cute gifts were waiting for me when I came down for breakfast in the morning.

 Andy made me my favorite breakfast ever.... cinnamon rolls.

And of course, we went to church and got to listen to everyone talk about how great mothers are and all that jazz. And of course I am sure there were mothers who probably hated it and felt guilty about it because they feel like they just will never measure up. And then there's people like me who think, "Yeah, I am a DANG good mom! Mother's Day should be celebrated once a week!" Hahaha. No, but seriously. It was a great day at church and we got a break from the primary and the relief society was jam packed. We got our traditional flower as a gift (what a jip... I want a candy bar like the dads!) and then i got to go home and take a most glorious nap.

 But before my nap we took some photos and I got to squeeze all of my babies and tell them how much I love being their mom.

And this awesome guy got me some awesome mother's day gifts (a new heart rate moniter and wireless earphone.... I LOVE THEM!) and treats me like a queen and I love him for it. I wouldn't be a mom without this guy right here and I am so thankful that he honors and respects motherhood.

We also were able to go see our mothers after a yummy dinner and can I just tell you how much I lucked out in the mom department? I adore my mom. She is one of my best friends and one of the only people I feel like I can tell literally anything and not be judged. She is the best listener and never gives unsolicited advice. She just gets it. And I am so lucky to have her. I love you, mama!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Marc said...

Ha - I love your comment about all the other moms feeling guilty and that you're thinking "I'm a DANG good mom!" Exactly how I feel, and why Mother's Day is the BEST! :)

Love you! (PS This is obviously Jasmyn, not Marc...I'm a way better mom than him. ;))