Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camping!... Sucks

It's that time of year again... time for the Ward Campout! I am not a camper, and I do not enjoy it whatsoever. I only do it for my kids because they love it. And I only do it once a year, at this event. And because I love my ward, and besides the dirt, bugs, smells, lack of sleep, cold, mud, rain, etc, it really is fun! This year was no exception. When we got there, the weather was beautiful. The ward provides games and crafts for the kids. They love it. Especially my big kid as you can see.The Women's Club

Waiting in line for the AMAZING dinner the ward provides. It was seriously delish.

Good thing I had Daph wear her galoshes since the forecast was rain. They were very useful for this giant mud puddle (and the tons of rain) that was inconvenienlty located right in the middle of our campsite

This was during the wonderful fireside (given by our awesome stake president who amazes me) after the rain and wind had started.

Luckily it only lasted about and hour or two... and luckily our friends (who we missed!!- wish you could have come!) let us use their camper trailer, otherwise I think I would have made Andy take me home. Thank you Corrine and Jeff!!!

The next morning was a little chilly, but beautiful. All of my kids slept great, except Baron. He woke up a few times, because I think he was cold.

These girls were the Three Musketeers on this trip. Laylah, Caitlyn, and Kajia

Baron found this cup and it kept him busy for about an hour

The kids had fun playing with all the cute puppies people brought
Taking down equipment. I look like I am being very helpful, don't I? :) Until next year.... thanks ward- it was a blast!

4 comments:

Mrs.Spy said...

Ah, that's my McDonald's cup Baron was playing with. We Olsons are litterbugs. I guess we shouldn't go camping any more.....

Love your post, you crack me up, Sarah!

The A.Wahls said...

You are brave to take all the little ones camping. Adam keeps saying he wants to go, but not being much of a camper myself, I feel a bit intimidated. Any tips?

Becca and Brian said...

Aah! You were camping in luxury! I would go camping all the time if I had a camper. Well, maybe not but it would make things nicer for me on a camp out. looks like a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

Alyssa- The tips I have are this- Don't worry about the kids getting dirty, just let them have fun. Bring very warm jammies and sleeping bags. Have them wear clothes and shoes that are old and that you don't care about. Bring a lot of soap and a first aid kit. Go somewhere that has running water and toilets! You'll have so much fun and your kids will love it!