Sunday, June 28, 2009

Taylorsville Dayzz

We had such a busy weekend. After the ward campout, we had to rush home to get Laylah ready for her last dance performance of the year. It was at Taylorsville Dayzz (our city's yearly celebration) and she did a great job- it was the best I have ever seen her do her dance. It was just me and her because Andy stayed home to give the other (exhausted) kids a nap. Luckily I was able to hangout with Becca and her family.All of the younger classes were hiding under this table to escape the heat.

Cute Mckenzie and Cute Laylah

Lay and Mom

Me and my gal Becca

Later that day our friends, the Kendall's, had invited us over to their home for a barbeque. The kids had so much fun running around like crazies and playing (we have 8 between us). Some of their old friends- who used to live in the ward- (Karma and Scott) joined us as well with one of their kids. I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time! We had so much fun- especially listening to Jeff (who is the bishop) play a version of Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater on the piano, as well as sing. Hilarious is the word that comes to mind. Later, we met up with some more friends from the ward (Pitts and Monsons) and went over to the ballfield to watch the fireworks from Taylorsville Dayzz. So much fun.
Whiny, tired, pouty Daphne

Daphne loves Corrine. I think she would like her to be her mom instead of me.


My good lookin hubby having an intense conversation with Jeff (aka Bishop Kendall- hahaha) (I know its dark, but I just thought Andy looked so good ;)


Look at Laylah putting her hand up so I can't see her face. Little stinker. She is such a sassy pants
Too much fun... all tuckered out

6 comments:

Corrine said...

You weren't suppose to tell anyone about Jeff singing (ha, ha). We had a lot of fun. We'll have to do it again. Love you guys!!!

Tara and David said...

It looks like you had one busy weekend! We missed our ward comp out due to Dave being in Australia and me being in S.G. I love camping though. Lay looks so cute in her dance outfit!

Britt said...

Great pics! How fun. I really think Laylah has some serious skills. I was amazed with the video of her dancing that you put on facebook.
I love the pic of you and Andy. Looks like you have a little halo. Haha.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Layla's costume is darling, and her lines on her arabesque were perfect (ha ha ha!)

Becca and Brian said...

What fun fireworks! We watched them go off as we drove home from gma's house it was a good show. I like the picture of us together especially my belly herniation.

Shana Smith said...

Sarah! I cannot believe I found your blog. You have the most beautiful family, I really mean that! I have not seen you guys since you had just had Jonah! Wow time goes by so fast! I am glad to hear that you all are doing well.. Oh I am adding you to my friends, I want to keep in touch....
Shana Smith (Mendenhall)