Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gone!!

Well, it's gone! The highchair that has cluttered up my kitchen, sat dirty and covered in food, been used to give rides in, that I have kicked at least 231 times at night in a dark kitchen, been used for 4 darling babies/toddlers, slowly fallen apart, been useful to doggies to find a few treats in the seat, and many other things, is gone! We moved Baron to a booster at the table a few weeks ago (I do this ASAP with my children because I absolutely despise cleaning up a dirty highchair- almost more than anything) when we recieved a notice in the mail saying it was time for the yearly neighborhood cleanup. The city brings dumpsters to the neighborhood for 1 day for everyone to clean-up their yards and throw their junk away. Well, I've had it with the highchair- it was time to say goodbye. Kind of funny considering I was so excited to get Laylah this highchair and couldn't wait until she was big enough to be able to sit in it. Well, goodbye old friend- you've served your purpose, and it's time to go. Funny side note- after I threw it in the dumpster, a little girl rode by on her bike and asked if the highchair was broken. I told her no, that I just didn't want it anymore. She said "Oh! We need a new highchair for my little sister, we just moved in!" And off she sped down the street to tell her mom there was a surprise in the dumpster waiting just for them. :)
Baron is such a cheese these days. As soon as he sees me with the camera, he runs in front of it and says "cheese!" Funny boy.

Goodbye! and good riddance. Now, where can I find a cute little black table to take the place of this highchair... ;)

4 comments:

Tara said...

I feel the same way about highchairs. They are so nasty. It does make me a little sad to think about getting rid of it though. Your trip to Vegas looks like it was so much fun. I love how cute your kids are. I LOVE Daphne's flippy hair. So cute.

Tara and David said...

Godd Bye my LLOOVVEE!!

Corrine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a glorious day :) I love getting rid of stuff and not replacing it. Oh the joy. Hey there, enjoy the campout (ha, ha), I'm so sad not to be going. Have tons of fun without me.

Becca and Brian said...

Thats funny about the little girl on her bike. Did they end up dumpster diving for the highchair?