Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Poor Baby

My poor baby boy cannot seem to keep his head healthy. He falls and hits his head more than my other 3 kids combined. I have been worried sick about him the past day becuase he fell off of the tramp yesterday right on his head.(yes, we used to have a safety net around it, but the neighbor girl broke it, and we've never had it fixed- and no, he usually isn't allowed on the tramp alone, but Daphne decided to help him on and when I saw him up there, I went to get him and he fell off as I was yelling at him to sit down and stay away from the edge- I promise I'm a good parent!!! ha ha...) His face got really white and he was acting kind of weird. We watched him all night and woke him up about every three hours and today he seems to be back to his old self.

A few days ago he fell and bumped his forhead on the corner of the door frame and had this HUGE goose egg and scrape all the way down his forehead. (the picture doesn't even do it justice- it was so gross, it was actually making me sick to look at) It was right underneath another scab that was from falling off of his scooter outside and hitting his head on the driveway.


And I can't even count the times he has fallen down the stairs and gotten scraped and bumped and bruised. I keep thinking he'll learn to not try and walk down the stairs but he continues to do it (he actually hasn't done it in awhile... maybe he has learned it's easier to turn around and go down backwards :)


It stresses me out every time he falls and gets hurt, but the tramp thing has been the worst. I still keep checking on him about every 15 minutes to make sure he's still breathing. Ohhhh kids...

4 comments:

Corrine said...

Oh my gosh!!! That makes my head hurt just looking at it. That really sucks when things like that happen. I wish you luck with that one, he is a go-getter :)

Tara and David said...

I hear you...Shad had stitches 2 times on his head within 6 weeks of eachother. It is not fun! Poor thing :(

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So sad, but atleast he is happy! I'm sure it is even harder because he see's his older siblings doing things and he wants to do the same. The pic's of the kindergarten graduation are priceless!

Becca and Brian said...

Well The good thing is little kids heal fast. Madi is the same way, she is always falling, bumping, and scraping her body. She is always bruised all over her body. Don't worry I still think your an excellent mother! He will hopefully grow out of this if not he may be the stunt man in the family and always in the ER with something broken. I hope not but you never know.