Sunday, June 21, 2009

While He's Away, We Will Play!

Andy had a business conference in Orlando last week, so I thought it would be perfect for my kids and I to head down to Vegas to play with cousins (Ethan and Ella) and see my sister, Rachel. We had WAY too much fun, did a TON of stuff, ate LOT of yummy food, stayed up WAY too late, and didn't get enough sleep. It was a blast. By the end of it, tempers were a little short (what do you expect with 6 tired kids ages 6 and under? :) but overall, it was so much fun and I am so happy we made it down to visit. Warning: Picture Overload!! There were just so many fun ones, I couldn't choose! I even narrowed it down...


This was the first night we got there. The kids were a little giddy.


The second day, Rach and I and the kids went to see some of our old roomates and we all had lunch, went swimming, and then went to get ice cream.

Both Laylah and Jonah's first time off of the diving board! Good job!
Rach with the "twins" (they are actually 3 months apart, and Bear outweighs Ella by about 10 pounds, but whatever :)


Cuties
Ice Cream Shop

Bear's first ice cream cone
I think he likes it! This thing was GONE- cone and all- by the time this dude was done with it. He was trying to lick the drippings off of his swim shirt...



To the movies!
Cute Daph dancing at the end credits


Splash Park! Vegas has tons of way fun splash parks. We spent hours here and the kids weren't even ready to go by the time we left.


Ethan adores Jonah. He followed him everywhere and copied everything Jo did. At first Jo said "Ethan keeps copying me!" because he didn't understand . We told him that Ethan just loved him so much and wanted to be just like him and then he thought it was okay to be copied- most of the time :)


Not to sure about it...

Nice... splash park enima
There's a hole in my bucket.... dear Laylah dear Laylah




Sadie was such a trooper and such a good dog on the whole trip


Sissies!
The Dinosaur Park


I am in love with that baby girl


Yum


The Strip- funny story- While we were walking and walking and walking Jonah said to me "Mom, I just can't walk anymore! I think I must be out of gas! Where do I fill up?" I told him at the restaurant :)

The Lion Habitat at MGM

Do these MandM's taste better because they're $15 a pound??Giant fish tankWe had to go to Serendipity's for frozen hot chocolate. I think I could eat that for the rest of my life and be completely happy

Community Bathtime!
Even Sadie wants to join!!

We had such a FUN trip! Thanks for putting up with us for 5 days Rach, Ethan, and Ella. We love you!

2 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

How fun! You did a lot more fun things than I did!! Love the pic the everyone in the bathtub hehehe!!! Looks like you got that suite you wanted, looks cute!

Lisa said...

What a fun trip! Sister's are the best - what a great place to go visit during the rainy week here. : )