Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kindergarten Grad

Laylah had her kindergarten graduation today. They did such a cute program with cute songs about all the things they had learned this year. Laylah knew all the songs so well, but the girl won't smile while she's performing for the life of her. I asked her why she didn't smile afterwards and she looked at me like I was silly and said "Well, I can't smile if I'm singing mom!" Ohhhh, right. After wards, they had cookies and this backdrop to take pictures in front of. I ran back there so fast afterwards (an advantage to sitting in the back ;) and was one of the first in line. When we left, the line was still wrapped around the auditorium! Good job Laylah girl, we love you!
Our camera is just terrible, but I had to put a picture of the program in. This is what it looks like when you have to zoom up all the way. I was sitting close to the back.

Laylah and her best friend Kajia- I hope they get into the same class again next year or I don't know what they will do without each other!

Laylah and her teacher Mrs. Sessions- she is such a great teacher, and I hope Jonah gets her for this next year

Grandma and Grandpa Collette were able to come and I'm so grateful they did! Trying to watch the program, take pictures, videotape, and juggle three kids by myself would have killed me! (Andy wasn't supposed to be able to come, he had a work meeting he couldn't get out of and at the last minute, he showed up! Only about 10 minutes late... good job babe)


A quick pic before dad had to dash back to work

Jonah took this picture. Good job Jojo!

2 comments:

amberkei said...

Congrats, Laylah! I remember my kindergarten graduation...how funny is that. And of course you're not a bad parent - you just have a very daring child. He's such a sweet little boy!

Corrine said...

These are big accomplishments. Good job Laylah. So you did like Mrs. Sessions? I think a lot of people have really liked her. Fun times!