Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Go Fish!"

Laylah had her end of year 1st grade play a few weeks ago and I must say-it was adorable. The play was called "Go Fish" and it was about everyone being different and we can all be friends despite those differences. Laylah was a "clown" fish and she had some lines too! Only a handful of kids did, so I was a very proud mama. She loves to perform, but she gets shy and a bit embarrassed. She practices so well, but then when she's up there on stage she won't smile because she feels silly. She tells me she's working on that :) We (the parents) had to come up with costumes and they weren't supposed to look like the actual fish-the clownfish looked like clowns, the zebrafish had polka-dots instead of stripes, the seahorses were cowboys, etc.... it was darling.
waiting for the play to start.... it was packed! We got there early and got great seats on the 3rd row.


Getting ready to perform! They sang, acted, and danced. I loved it.

I got several short videos, but for the past few months Blogger will not upload my videos. I can't figure out why. Does anyone else have this problem? If I ever figure it out I'll post some.

Great job Laylah, my little starlet!

No comments: