Sunday, June 13, 2010

No More Pencils, No More Books!

Laylah and Jonah had their last day of school on Friday. Hallelujah! I just luuuuuv summer break.On their way to the bus for the last time this school year!


running home from the bus-look at that grin!


Wahoo-No more school! Andy's mom had a little tradition of making each of her children their favorite treat on the last day of school to welcome them home. I think that's a great way to celebrate, so I've picked it up. Here they are with their sheet cake and homemade oreo cookies. Yum!
We had such a fun day. The girls got invited to a "Tickled Pink it's Summer" party and I took the boys to our community pool where they were also having a party. There was food, games, and a radio station there blasting music. It was packed, loud, and fun. After the girls party they joined us at the pool and we swam until dinner time. We hurried home to eat and then we were off to "Movie at the Park Night" where they had a giant inflatible movie screen and they played Alvin and the Chipmunks-the Squekquel. It was so much fun and the perfect end to a great day.


There was a radio station there and the kids were so excited to see the "B" (except Bear, who freaked out and ran away as fast as he could!)-they thought it was the same bee from the Buzz games in Utah ;)





Jonah and Daphne were completely OUT by the end. It is exhausting having so much fun!

We have alot of fun plans for the summer. Tons of swimming, going to the beach, day trips to nearby lakes, barbeques with friends, campouts (okay, maybe 1 campout. I think that's all I can handle :), free movie Wednesdays, free bowling, and anything else we can come up with. We were supposed to visit Utah for the month of July and go to Lake Powell with my family on my parents houseboat, but plane tickets shot up drastically all of the sudden and it's just not going to happen now ($3000 for 6 people to Salt Lake.... a little much? Yes) :( It was very hard for me to accept and I am still extremely sad if I think about it too much, so I don't. The kids were disappointed for a minute, but I got them excited with all of our other plans, and luckily children forget quickly. I think we can have a great summer here and that's what we'll do!

2 comments:

Corrine said...

How fun for you guys!!! Looks like you are getting lots and lots to do this summer. It was so good to see you when you came to Utah. Keep having fun!!!

Laney said...

Can I come play with you guys? You summer sounds like so much fun. I hope you all have a great time together!!