Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Laylah Girl!

Wowza- 7?! How did THAT happen so fast??

Laylah had kind of a crazy birthday this year, and it lasted for a few days-what kid complains about that? We decided to celebrate with our family on the Wednesday before her actual birthday (which was Sunday) because we were leaving for Utah Thursday morning and Andy wouldn't be there on her actual birthday as he was joining us a week later. It was a crazy day and I had a list a mile long of things to accomplish before we left, but I think it was such a fun day for her and it turned out terriffic.

It started at school because her teacher knew she was going out of town, so they sang to her and she got a birthday crown and also a gift from her teacher (I adore Laylah's school teacher, and she just loves Laylah) and also a book from the whole class about what they wished for her for her birthday, along with pictures. It was adorable. They make their birthdays a big deal at their school because the parents are not allowed to bring treats or come in and do anything special for kids' birthdays. But she was very happy with what they did.

It was especially fun because Laylah's Aunt Terra had flown in that morning to help me with bringing all the kids back to Utah the next day, so it was fun for her to not just have our family, but someone additional to celebrate with. That night we had Laylah's dinner of choice-crepes, and fruit bowls with whip cream. Very healthy.

After dinner Laylah decided to choose bowling and it was so much fun. The kids all love bowling and it was Baron's first time really getting to bowl and he loved it. We all had a blast and just laughed and laughed.

Aunt Terra is the best


When I asked Laylah what she wanted for her birthday, she only told me a few things, so that's what she got! She is such an easy-going, low maintenance kid. She never asks for anything and if she wants something, she saves her money for it. She told me she wanted a bathrobe, a new umbrella (her princess one is 'too young for her' she informed me. What?! :), sketchers twinkle toes (they are SO popular here and she HAD to have some-I personally think they are hideous for the record :) pearler beads to make designs (these are popular too-her friends are always giving her some cute thing they made out of them), and a hair toy that had fake color, bowls, brushes, gloves, an apron, scissors, etc. (she LOVES to do hair just like her mom. Ever since she was about 1 or 2 she will sit for hours and play with my hair. I love it :)8000 beads.... I think she'll be busy for awhile...
She asked me to make a sour cream fudge cake for her birthday and I was very surprised since every year the kids are so excited to go to the bakery to choose out which cake they want to order. She said she didn't really want a bakery cake this year, just for me to make one. She really must be growing up! *sniff* She's so mature and getting so big. We sang Happy Birthday and also had cookie dough ice cream. It was delish if I do say so myself. And I do.
More to come later about Laylah's actual birthday....!!!

No comments: