Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mom?

These two:

like to fight. They used to be the best of buds but since Jonah has recently become my "difficult child" (which is a completely seperate story), they pretty much just like to duke out everything.

Hence, this post. I was sitting in the kitchen, enjoying my nice, quiet morning (all the kids watch tv when they first wake up for about 1/2 hour before they come upstairs begging for food) when I heard arguing. Not surprisingly-Jonah and Daphne-to be exact. Then I heard in unanimous voices.... "I'm telling mom!" and a jumble of footsteps running up the stairs, accompanied by squeals and I'm sure, shoving and pushing, to race to the top and get the coveted "telling of the story first" place.

I did what any smart, reasonable mother would do.

I hid. In the coat closet.

I heard Jonah first. "Mom, Daphne was hitting.... Mom? Mom, where are you?" Then came Daphne "Mo-om? Where did you go? Mom?" Then the 2 of them talking to each other-"Where is mom?" "I don't know, I thought she was in here." "Is she upstairs?" "Look in the garage and see if the car is here, maybe she went somewhere." (Which, cracks me up that they would even say that-like I would leave them alone!) "Well, the car's here. I wonder where she went?"

The searching continued for another 2 minutes before I heard them laughing at each other and making there way back downstairs.

I came out of my hiding spot, gave myself a pat on the back, and ate my breakfast in peace.

Mom-1 Kids-0

6 comments:

amberkei said...

Awesome! I'm sure going to try that!

Drea said...

That is SO funny!! Way to go mom!

Corrine said...

Now that is FUNNY!!! I am sooooo sick of fighting kids. If you find the solution, please let me know. Bella and Ali were just fighting and hitting each other and I just sat here watching and when they both ended up fighting, I had NO sympathy. I actually quite enjoyed it. Am I a bad mom??? Probably.

Corrine said...

haha, I said fighting in the end instead of crying. That makes more sense.

Ashlie said...

That is the funniest story!

(I hide from my kids too but they always end up finding me)

SamandJasonfamily said...

What a funny story!