Monday, June 7, 2010

The Rest of It... and Going Home

Whew! I will be officially caught up with our fun trip back to Utah after this post. We did so much and were going constantly, and had so much non-stop fun that it exhausts me just to live through it again by documentation :)I didn't get pictures of everything I wanted to, but at least I'll have a record of it. Cristan and I got together for a couple days, traded hair and nail services, did lunch, shopping and just talked each others ears' off. I got to see Tara, stylist extrodinaire, chatty chat with her and got my locks done. I got to go to the temple with my in-law family for Ryan's fiancee to recieve her endowments. I got to do lunch at my favorite Leatherby's and see some fabulous ladies from my old ward who I love and adore.


The kids got to see all of their bestest friends and cousins, have a TON of sleepovers with them and play constantly. Lucky Ducks.They were so so tired every day from missing naps, staying up late, and just playing so hard. This is on the way to another sleepover with their William's cousins (Andy's sister Stefanie's kids) The sleep started before the party began :)
I also got to go to a bridal shower for Sarah (that my sis-in-laws purposely waited to give so I could come. So sweet. Thanks ladies :), have a fun-filled shopping/lunch day with Rachel and my mom, and I also did a LOT of hair. It was so much fun (I think I already mentioned that ;) and it was great to be able to see everyone I love.
The trip back home to Virginia went smoothly, we made all of our standy-by flights again, including the red-eye Sunday night that was packed full. They gave us "sleep packets" with eye masks and ear plugs and all the kids loved them and used them, as well as Andy and I, and they all slept the entire flight. We even had to wake Daph to get her off the plane.
We landed in New York, ate breakfast and hung-out. The kids were so groggy and a bit ornery, but by the time we got on our next flight they were happy again.
Blurry, but I thought this was cute. Daddy with his chicks gathered round in their jammies :)


The last flight was quick, we got off, got our bags, took the shuttle to our car and drove the 2 hours home. All the kids fell asleep and I had to force myslef to stay awake so I could help Andy stay awake. When we got home at noon on Monday the kids crashed, Andy and I crashed and we slept the day away. We got pizza for dinner, picked up Sadie at the kennel (she was SO happy to see us!) took baths, and went to bed again. We were all so tired. The kids had to go back to school the next day, but they were caught up on sleep and ready to go. It took me a couple more days to get back into it and I finally finished unpacking on Saturday. It was a wonderful, fun-filled trip and we can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Chris and Amy Darton said...

Sounds like you had an amazing/crazy busy trip! How fun!

Rachel said...

Wow, I am tired just reading about your trip! I love the pic of all the kids asleep in the car. I am glad you guys had fun, you are superwoman!!