Monday, June 7, 2010

Introducing: Ryan and Sarah Collette

Andrew's brother Ryan got married on May 28th. He got married to Sarah (now there are 2 Sarah Collette's!) which wouldn't be so weird if it weren't for this families crazy history of marrying double names. Here we go: Andy's dad is named Jeff (his mom's Diane). Andy's oldest sister Jenny married a Jeff. Then Andy married a Sarah (me :) and Ryan, Andy's brother married a Sarah. Breanna, another of Andy's sister, married a Ryan. Weird, no? His sister Stefanie is the only other married child who hasn't married a double (her hubby is Travis) Terra and David are the only non-married kids left and Terra decided she has to marry an Andrew. She even dated a guy with that name. Hilarious. I think David should marry a Diane to make the circle complete ;)Anyway, I just LOVE weddings and we haven't had one in either side of the family for over 5 years. They were married in the Bountiful Utah temple and it was fabulous. I bawled, of course. I just love Ryan and now Sarah. I didn't know her that well because Ryan only started bringing her around the end of the summer and not even that often. They got engaged on January 3rd (same as me and Andy.... which adds to the weirdness of the 2 Sarah's :) and then she was around much more of course, but we were so busy and moved a month and a half later, so I kind of missed out on the wedding planning and getting to know her better. Luckily, she asked me to do her hair for the wedding which gave a us a chance to talk a LOT more and now we feel like sisters :)
The reception was at the church (it was supposed to be outside in the beautiful backyard, but the freaky Utah weather didn't cooperate) and it turned out beautiful. Her colors were purple and gray. Laylah and Daphne and their cousins were plate takers and did a great job. Jonah was a gift taker, even though he had a bit of trouble with his broken bone :) He managed.

Here's our cute little fam (and the picture above this one is a 17 week prego picture that Andy took. I hate my picture taken when I am pregnant.... I'm a big fatty. But I guess it's fun to have a record of it :)


These are Andy's grandparents.... the kids' great Grandma and Grandpa Roth

Jonah hard at work (I think he had to go to the bathroom...???)

The cute TALL (Ryan is 6'8" and Sarah is a vollyball player at the U and is 6'1") couple :)



Andy's whole family is tall. Here I (5'5'') am in heels AND on my tippy toes with Jenny (5'11'') and Terra (6'3'') I feel like a little kid at the Collette house when I am barefoot :)


Andy's other set of grandparents, the kids' great Grandma and Grandpa Collette


Us with Andy's parents (Jeff and Diane)-more tallies at 6'3'' and 5'11'' (I am putting all of their heights in because I don't think I've ever had so many pictures of us all together and I realized how short I always look with their family. I thought it was funny :)


Cute :)


Andy and I decorated their car together. It was fun. And so romantic ;)



Jenny, Terra, Brea and my shoes-after the reception we all cleaned up and everyone's shoes immediately came off.

Terra-freakin' hilarious. I love her.



There were about 15 kids running around like crazies while we cleaned and these 2 little ladies had to dress up as brides and have their pictures taken. Cuties :)


On the way home-the kids were loopy with exhaustion and being hilarious.
The wedding was fabulous, everything turned out great and it was a lovely day. Congrats Ryan and Sarah! Love you!

No comments: