Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy (Surprise) 30th Andrew (Again)!

I planned a surprise 30th birthday party for Andy while we were in Utah. I invited both of our entire families, and a few of our close couple friends. I was so happy how many people were able to make it. I did it the Saturday before we left to go back to Virginia and I was sure Andy had some idea that something was going on, but he later told me that he didn't. I couldn't believe I pulled it off! (with TONS of help of course :) I had asked my dad to keep him busy all morning so I could shop and get ready and then my sister Rachel's hubby Don invited him to go to a movie that afternoon so we could get all set-up, guests could arrive and we could be ready to surprise him when we got back. Even though it was a month late, I think he enjoyed it and was happy. Surprise!!



We had a big barbeque, hung out, talked, ate, had cake and ice cream, and did a pinata. It was hilarious and so much fun.The 3 prego's (Becca and Rachel are due the same week and I am due 7 weeks after.... and I'm as big as them. Whoops-at least I'm on my 5th-they're both having their 3rd :)
Andy received some great and hilarious gifts-I gave him a night at the Castle Creek Inn (our favorite Bed and Breakfast) that we used that evening while the kids stayed home with my parents.

There is no way I could have pulled it off without my mom and dad's and sister Rachel's help. They are the best and I love love love them! Happy 30th (again) Andy. I think you know by now HOW much I love and adore you babe :)

1 comment:

The A.Wahls said...

Your trip to Utah looks and sounds like so much fun! You look great by the way...and love the "prego" picture of you and your sisters. Very cute!