Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Made it to 8!

Not that we were in any danger of NOT making it, but an accomplishment none the less :)


Here's a quick list of some of the noteworthy things that have been a part of our marriage the past 8 years:

-4 1/2 children (top of the list-of course!)
-Of the 8 years, I have been either pregnant or nursing for 5 1/2 of them (I find this a huge accomplishment in and of itself, mostly because our marriage has been so amazing even though I've had a baby attached to me for nearly 3/4th's of it. Also because I am lovingly referred to as "Devil Woman" when I am pregnant. Now you understand the sacrifice Andrew makes :)
-10 moves-including to 3 different states (um, wow)
-College attendance and a graduation and liscense from hair school (Andy's still working on the school thing... someday we'll add "Bachelor's Degree" to this list :)
-10 different jobs (7 for Andy, 3 for me)
-5 promotions (all for Andy... except when we have another child. I guess that's a promotion for me....?)
-Surviving 2 1/2 years of Andy traveling for work and being gone 3 out of every 4 weeks.... did I mention that was for 2 1/2 years? And that I had 3 kids ages 2 and under when it started?
-8 different cars (10 if you include the ones we had while we were engaged)
-6 car accidents (most were minor, but still expensive)
-14 speeding tickets (only 1 was mine :)
-Too many vacations and getaways to count (my favorites being California, Oregan, Mexico, and Washington D.C.)
-Buying our first home (which we still own and I wish we still lived in.... how could I have ever thought it was too small? It's like a dream remembering only having 1 bathroom to clean... ;)
-A surplus of 110 pounds (on average 40 of those have been gained and lost nearly 5 times because of pregnancies, Andy's are because he likes my cooking.... or something)
-13 church callings in 5 wards
-Lots and lots and LOTS of "I love you's" and also "I'm sorry's"
-Oh ya.... and he still likes to look up my dress ;)




I am soooo in love with this guy. Happy 8th anniversery darling.

5 comments:

Tara and David said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe that it has been 8 years (for the both of us) already!! Crazy how time flies! Love you guys!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Congrats to you guys!

Ashlie said...

Congrats on the 8!!!

Rachel said...

That's awesome! Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Obviously he likes to look up your dress...
:)

amberkei said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 years is great! Two things: Those are the same flip flops I wore with my wedding dress and I'm glad I'm not the only one being called "Devil Woman" right now!
You two are great together!