Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Farewell Pigs!

Guinnea Pigs are fun. For about 2 weeks. And then you realize that they are just kind of stinky, a lot of work and messy. Plus they eat a TON (hence the name, I guess :) They also need to be played with every day. Well, it got to the point where I was taking care of them and having to remind the kid's to play with them every day and then the kid's would whine and complain. We finally threatened to sell them and then the kid's would be better about caring for them for a week or so and then slowly they would go back to not feeding or playing with them. And so it went. We gave them 3 chances. When the last chance came.... and went... we listed them on Craigslist. A nice lady and her 12 year old daughter came and bought them. The kids were very sad and cried.



For about 5 minutes.



They haven't mentioned them since.



Except Bear-whenever we go into the spare bedroom where we kept them he says "Where my guinnea pigs go?" Pretty funny.This was the last night we had them and the kids were saying good-bye


Since they were Jonah's birthday present, we gave him the money and let him choose a toy at the store. I think Sadie will miss them the most. They used to all play together.

Goodbye Zhu Zhu!




Goodbye Harley!




I think these were great pets, but I think my kids were just a little too young still. I wasn't willing to care for them and they were too little to help a lot. Someday, when they're older, I think we might try it again. Until then, I have a stink-free spare room and less work to do. Yee-haw ;)

No comments: