Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This Is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!

Halloween at our house was very low key this year due to obvious reasons :) I think I got out 2 Halloween decorations and we didn't do many "halloween-ish" activities, but I think the kid's still had a great holiday.



We were invited over to some friend's house for a pumpkin carving party. Andrew, Daphne and Bear had picked out pumpkins from Daphne's preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch, but Laylah and Jonah didn't have one. So Andy took them to a local patch and they picked one for themselves as well as me and the baby :) The kid's helped clean out their pumpkins and Andy and I carved them. I hadn't done that in years (Andy has always done it ever since we had kids) and I have to say that it was pretty fun.


This is what Bear did the whole time. Ran around outside and climbed trees. Since he didn't want to help, I did a quick job of cleaning and carving his little pumpkin. I carved 3 circles (2 eyes and a mouth) and called it a ghost. He loved it.

OoOoOoOohhhh, Spooky!



Laylah, Jonah, and Daphne all had Halloween parties the Friday before Halloween and they got to dress up. They all had a blast. Well, Laylah had a blast after we brought her a spare costume to wear (her bride costume from kindergarten) after she bled all over her Dorothy costume when she got a bloody nose in PE class. Luckily the blood came out easily and she was able to wear it the next day.



Frankenstein

Sleeping Beauty


Dorothy and Toto (my friend Miranda made Laylah's skirt and bows... isn't it adorable?)


Bowser (from Mario Brothers-it was really an old Dragon costume that Jonah used when he was 3, but Baron insisted it was Bowser :)



My husband the Nerd. For someone who claims to hate Halloween, he sure gets into the spirit of things...




Saturday (after Andy picked up my mom from the airport) we went to a ward carnival and trunk or treat. The kids had SO much fun playing games and earning prizes and eating lots of treats.


Laylah, Jonah, and Daphne ended up being the 3 finalists in musical chairs (out of about 10 kids). It was funny....Laylah ended up winning it all!



Halfway through the carnival I was done. And so was Bear. Here he is using my belly as his personal pillow.


While my mom and Andy took the kids around the parking lot to trunk or treat, I sat at our car and passed out candy.





It was a really fun night overall and I got (I mean, the kid's got :) a lot of candy. Which Andy made them pay taxes on. He and I then ate the taxes. Hahaha.


Happy Halloween!

No comments: