Thursday, March 12, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Well, we finally made it. Barely! I think the last day you can go is Saturday and we finally went on Monday. It was just amazing. I absolutely love the temple and the wonderful, beautiful, peaceful feeling there. During the video at the church I was just bawling. I don't know why I was so emotional, but the spirit was just so strong and I just have such a testimony of eternal families and a testimony of the whole exhistance of temples. I love them.





Anyway, after that, the kids were so excited to go on the bus up to the temple. They were all so good (we left Bear home though, he's at the stage where he doesn't want to be held, wants to crawl, etc, and we just didn't want to deal with it) and they were so reverent and they loved it. I loved being able to explain to them what each room was used for and show them where Andy and I go when we tell them we are going to the temple to do work for the dead. Laylah was especially excited about it. She's at such a fun age where she finally gets stuff and really understands. She loved it. After we had our refreshments and got back on the bus to go back to our car, we asked the kids what their favorite room in the temple was. Laylah said the baptismal font, and Jonah said that was his favorite too. Laylah said she also liked the room with the huge chandelier (celestial room). And Daph said she liked the room with all of the things in it. I asked her "What things?" and she said "You know, the room with the cookies?" Made me laugh. I was so glad my kids got this experience in their young age, and I'm so glad we get to see the Oquirrh Mountain temple in another few months. I love to see the temple...afterward we went to an early dinner and counted it for FHE. It was a really fun day.

On a not so bright note, ever since last Friday we have had the flu bug in our house. It has slowly gone through all of us. I thought last night that we were finally over it until Daphne threw-up in her bed. Yuck! But today I think we are all back to the norm. The bigger kids went back to school yesterday for the first time. Daph says she feels much better and has eaten and been okay. Hopefully that bug will stay far away for a very long time. It was NO fun at all!

No comments: