Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shhhh... Don't Tell Mom...

A couple of days ago, I had made the kids lunch and then came down to the office and was typing on this very computer. I was actually doing something productive for once (paying bills) and I heard the kids giggling and laughing. They always play around if I am not up there to remind them to continue eating. I called up "Eat your food!" and then kept on with what I was doing. A few minutes later I hear little feet running around, more laughing, etc. I just ignored it- even though they are not supposed to leave the table if their food isn't gone- so THEN, I hear Laylah say "Oh no... my sandwich is gone! Where is it?" Right away I knew that Sadie had jumped up on the chair and had stolen Lay's sandwich. She has done this before to Jonah, who remembered that Sadie had done it( And yes, I am trying to break her of the filthy habit- she only does it when food is left on the table, hence one of the reasons the kids are supposed to eat all of their food before they leave the table!!). He says "Shhh, don't tell mom" in the loudest voice ever. Don't you love how kids always think they are so quiet, when really they are incredibly loud. Funny. Anyway, he continues on with "That happened to me, but I told mom, and I got in trouble... don't tell her, just pretend you ate it." I decided to just ignore this conversation. Sometimes I just get sick of lecturing my kids and so, what I pretended not to know couldn't hurt them, right? :) Plus, I thought it was kind of cute that Jo was trying to protect his sister. Anyway, made me laugh. And Sadie was delighted. She got to eat her favorite- peanut butter sandwich.
The little thief



This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I just thought it was cute.

3 comments:

amberkei said...

This is great. How funny that they were all in the "secret" together.

Travis and Cristan said...

Hey I was just coming to post on your eairlier post! Leave a few up there for me I am sometimes a little slow! Anyways I was going to say- From the mouth of babes. I am glad you documented thatso when Lay gets older you can remind her that you are the BEST mom EVER!
And about this I remember being little and bing VERY sneaky with YOU! So i pretty much know where your kids got it from ;) That pic is cute of the boys. It just makes you smile!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Cute blog! I saw your address on facebook and had to take a peek. You have to most darling family! I am glad you are doing so well! Check ours out: www.pjandkellycasper.blogspot.com