Monday, March 23, 2009

Grateful


Today I had to take Baron to the doctor because he has had a weird rash. They told me they could barely squeeze me in because they were so full, and that I would probably have to wait awhile, but that I could still come. (That is why I just LOVE my pediatrician. He ALWAYS gets me in the day of, no matter what)

So anyway, I had to take all of the kids because Andy has a class on Monday afternoons. I got to the office and we did have to wait awhile, but my kids were being very good. They are pretty well behaved usually anyway, but I was especially grateful today. There was a woman waiting with one little boy, probably about Jonah's age. I think he must have been autistic (I'm not positive, because I am not an expert by any means at knowing those kinds of things) and he was throwing a tantrum, crying, throwing things, yelling, etc. His sweet sweet mom was so patient with him and was being so kind and loving. I couldn't understand it. Here is this woman, who probably deals with this all day every day, and she was acting like this.

I am not a patient person, and I am probably a little harsh with my own children sometimes ( And I am constantly working on this, believe me!!) and I could hardly comprehend the love this woman was showing her child. It really opened my eyes. I am incredibly blessed. Heavenly Father knows me. I know handicapped children are choice spirits of our Heavenly Father and their parents are chosen because of their gifts and abilities of being able to handle these spirits. I just do not understand how they do it. They amaze me with their love and compassion. I feel very very blessed that I was given the children that I have. I don't know if I would be strong enough to do what those parents do every day. It just made me really appreciate and feel a surge of love for my kids. I love each one of them more than even I can explain or comprehend. And I am very grateful.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think you are awesome and I have no idea how you do it with four kids (even though I know they are delightful)! You guys do such fun things. I remember going bowling with my dad on one of our "dates"!
Hope you are feeling well!

Travis and Cristan said...

I totally get that! But I do think you are an awesome mom and your kids are super lucky to have you too! I am sure you know this but it is always good to hear but seriously most people don't have 4 well behaved children because they couldn't do it and you can because you are amazing! Wow, that was a really kong run on sentence!

Becca and Brian said...

I think I am the mom with the Crazy screaming children, except I'm not patient like that mom is in your story. Your kids are very good kids! Next time just drop them off at my house, my kids would love it!!