Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Cristan!!

Okay, so I am, once again, late. My best gal pal's birthday was Saturday, and I wanted to wish her a very happy birthday, but also embarass her. So, voila, here ya go!
Cristan and I were babies together, lived across the street from each other, grew up together, have spent every signifigant moment of life together (well, almost- if we were not together, the other heard about it soon after :). Her family is my family, and vice versa. I talk to her constantly, can tell her ANYTHING and she will know exactly what I mean. I love her!
I wish I got to see her more, but she lives a little ways away (about 2 hours) and I don't get to see her and her darling kids as much as I would like. We do have the perfect situation though- she does nails and I do hair, so we switch our services. I love this because I always have beautiful nails, but the reason I love it the most is because it guarentees that I will get to see her at least every three weeks or so and we will chat for hours upon hours about anything and everything.
We have been through so much together. I have old shoe boxes full to bursting of old notes, letter, and pictures of us. We went to school together, were always in the same church classes, and danced at the same studio growing up.(Our birthdays are only a month and a half apart). You'd think people that were together that much would get sick of each other? Nope, not us! So, for you Cris, here is a big hug and an even bigger HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you lots girl!
Here is a quote that my roomate had in her room a long time ago- when I read it, it reminded me of Cris and me. "Friends come and go throughout the years, but there is always one that you are stuck with for life!"















* I would like to post a little disclaimer. I had to scan all these old pics in and they are not in order whatsoever- just us throughout the good ole' days. Also, please excuse old, ugly styles ;) I do however, give you permission to laugh.

4 comments:

The A.Wahls said...

Loved seeing all the pictures of you two! SO fun! And Happy Birthday to Cristan from me too! :)

amberkei said...

So fun! It's so great when you have a friend who is there for you through so much. It was fun to see all the styles, but I couldn't laugh much because I remember....
I love the green pancakes. Of course those are a must, but you really made me feel so much better about Valentine's day because it seems the same things happened to us! Not Much!! Oh, well. Good ideas for next year.
I understand what you mean when you say you're so grateful for your children. Sometimes I feel so awful because I think I can barely handle my healthy, fairly good children sometimes. Thanks for saying it like it is and being so real. I know it's silly, but after the last three days here, reading that really made me feel like yes, I can do better, but it's also okay to mess up a little. (But it's still so frustrating!)
Anyhow, hope you're well. We need to get together...maybe go play at a park or a backyard or something. Need more warm weather!

Travis and Cristan said...

Oh wow! Where do I start... Thanks so much- this was the best present I got-seriously! What a laugh looking at some of the pics! We have had a good ride together! What would I ever do without you? I love looking at the old dance pictures-did you try scrapbooking?(the triangle pic-I love it because all of mine are cut up like that too). I think its funny because we look so stinkin skinny but I remember working out because we thought we were fat!!! What I would do to be "that" fat again:) When I look at that pic from the time we went to Lake Powell I remember it as the funnest time ever with your family, and that right after that trip is when Cam died. For some reason I can't think of one without the other. We have been through so much together! I love the pics of EFY too! I totaly remember the dark hair days. You sure went through a lot of hair do's durring beauty school' I don't even think I have a pic of you in your braids-thouse were good!
How cute were we on our first day of Kindergarten? I am glad your mom caught the moment! Wow from babies to being Moms'. I can't wait to see what happens next?!
You are the Best friend a girl could ever ask for. I am super lucky! Thanks so much again- I'm sure it took forever to scan all of those pics!
Okay I just looked at them again real quick before I closed this. How about the men in black halloween! What the crap was Amber supposed to be? We were quite the group!

Tommy and Teisha said...

These pictures are classic-- I definitely remember how good of friends you two were in high school.