Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Baron's Baptism Day!

 My Bear was baptized! He is an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And I could not be more proud. This boy, like I mentioned earlier in his birthday post, is such a great kid. He is so special to me and I am so proud of him for making this decision. He met with the bishop for his pre-baptismal interview and afterwards the bishop came out with him and said, "This boy is quite the kid." I could not agree more.

Baptism invites, front and back

He looked so handsome and grown-up in his gray suit and new blue tie. 


Andy baptized and confirmed him a member of the church. I just love hearing my husband, the father of my children, give that special blessing to our kids. He always gets emotional, every time, and I always just feel that special, comforting spirit of the Holy Ghost come over me. I know this church is true, and I love it. I am so glad that my husband honors his priesthood and that he is such a wonderful example to our children. I just love my little family more than I can say. Special days like this just re-affirm it and help me to see what matters most. 


 The program was amazing and spirit-filled and I loved every second. Andy's mom gave the Baptism talk and my wonderful sister Rachel gave the Holy Ghost talk. They were both very special and involved Bear in their talks. It was so sweet. Laylah did the most beautiful musical number. Bear asked her to sing his favorite hymn, I Stand All Amazed. It was a special arrangement from an EFY cd and it is very difficult. My amazing brother, Nathan, accompanied her and it is a hard piece. He practiced with Laylah and they were both a little worried because it was so hard. But I had faith in them and knew they could do it. And they did. It was perfect. I just sat their and bawled. I recorded the audio and wish I could put it on here, but I don't know how. Anyway, I loved every second of the program. It was just lovely.
 My 5 little ducklings, all in a row.

 Papa Bry and Grandma Claudia

 Grandma and Grandpa Collette


 Great Grandma Marge and Great Grandma Darlene

We had the luncheon in our backyard that Andy and I had worked so hard on the few weeks prior. Andy tore down the crappy addition around the patio, cleaned it all up, tore out a dead tree in our yard, weeded a TON and I painted the front railing, the lights, and the fireplace. Everything looked great. 

We had a sandwich bar with lots of different rolls, croissants, and various meats and cheeses. We also had lots of toppings. We had lemon water, lemonade, and various types of desserts. Sugar cookies, mini cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, and brownies. And then we had some delicious fruit, and green salads, plus chips. It was all just SO yummy and tasted so good.


Bear had so much support from grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. We have such wonderful people in our life that we love SO much!


 Bear and his 2 BFF's, Asher and Ezra.

We gave bear his baptism gift of a new set of scriptures with his name engraved upon them, a case and some marking crayons. He also received some tie tacks, a mini hymn book, a journal, and some other lovely things from family. So sweet.
We love this boy so much and are so grateful to have him in our forever fmaily. It was such a wonderful, memorable, and special day that I will never forget. 

Happy baptism day, Bear!

No comments: