Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Just a Little Rambling

This was a rough day. Yikes, just look at me! Ha!!

Guys, the new Swig in Murray is way too close to my house. I find myself fantasizing about it sometimes, and I can practically taste that bubbly goodness on my tongue. I never understood soda addictions, and I can for sure control myself when it comes to them, but it is just too good. And around the end of each semester, I find myself consuming large amounts of diet dr. pepper and it is so yummy and at the same time so bad! But I really do need it to stay awake and finish all of piles of homework that I have been assigned. 

But, guess what?! I am finished with this semester! I turned in my very last project on Saturday night and it felt SO good. I have 3 A's for sure, and I am thinking I have an A in my fourth class, but it is on the border of an A and an A-, so it depends on what I get on my final portfolio. I'm crossing my fingers for that A. I feel good about it (yet I compulsively check my inline portal to see if my teacher has graded my project yet, ha!)

And with my completion of this semester means one thing... I have graduated from SLCC with my Associate's Degree and I am transferring this fall to the University of Utah. Woohoo! I was pre-accepted based on my transcripts and I am super excited to get started on my Bachelor's Degree. However, I am even more stoked for the summer off. It has been great so far. Seriously great. I keep thinking, "Do I need to turn something in? Am I forgetting something?" And I'm not! I have nothing! Zero! Zilch! Four glorious months off! Oh my goodness, I can't even.

Anyway, I am just rambling pretty much. I have been wanting to post for awhile, and was looking forward to catching up on March and April happenings, but now instead of my blog having problems (I got that problem figure out), now my computer is having issues and struggling to let me download my photos form my phone. I don't know what the deal is. I keep asking Andy to figure it out and he keeps saying he will get around to it. 

So, just a general update on the Collette crew these days...

Andy is still job hunting and we are so poor, haha. I have to laugh about it or I will cry. So, I just try to remember that Heavenly Father will help us if we are doing our best to live righteously and doing everything  we can to provide for our family. Now that I am done with this semester I may have to go back to work. We'll see. Andy has also been super busy making our yard look amazing. He pulled out a huge half-dead apple tree in our backyard and also tore down the walls on our enclosed patio. It look amazing! I can't wait to be able to get some furniture to put out on the patio and be able to relax out there in the beautiful summer evenings and watch the kids play. Andy is also working hard in his online classes and he is crossing his fingers to have his marketing/sales degree by the end of the year.

I am DONE with school for 4 months (oh, did I already mention that amazing fact?!) and now I am a woman on a mission. I am on a mission to finish what I started a few months ago and de-clutter every square inch of our house. We got so much done over the last few weeks before we had Baron's baptism at our house and the main things on my list are the ENTIRE basement and the kitchen.  I did the basement storage room a couple months ago, but the rest of the basement is just a big mess. I hate it. I don't like coming down here and I want to get rid of about 3/4 of our toys because nobody even plays with them. Isn't that weird?! I can't believe how much my kids are growing up. I am also training for a couple of races and also on my list is to lose some weight. Although, I am kind of in that "not caring" mode and wondering when I will stop eating so much sugar. I don't even know. I need to figure something out to motivate me. I'm a mess lately. 

Laylah is still loving 7th grade and I can hardly believe it is done in 4 weeks. She loves dance and wishes she could switch to a better studio that competes, but we just can't afford it right now. I hope we can someday. She has just loved learning pointe this year. I cannot wait to see her perform at her dance recital in a couple weeks. 

Jonah is graduating from elementary soon (what?!) and will be moving over to jr. high this fall with Laylah. He is so much fun to watch when he plays soccer. I just can't believe how much he has improved and how athletic he is. I don't know if it's the glasses, or what. But i have always thought of him as a studious little guy and didn't ever think he would really be into sports. But he absolutely LOVES every sport. Watching, playing, talking about, etc. He loves sports. 

Daphne is still doing great in 4th grade and is constantly talking about the future. She always says, "When I'm 12..." or "When I can drive...' or whatever. She definitely has her mind in the future. She LOVES her friends. I don't know if I have ever known a more close knit group. These girls are ridiculous when they are together and love each other so much. She is still in love with soccer and can't wait to try out in a few weeks for her new team. She is obsessed with horses and is so sad that Kaylie moved so far away which equal no more riding. I just need to take the girls up there a few times this summer to ride.  She has recently decided that she wants to become a pediatric oncologist and is always asking me about cancer stuff. She is so cute. I know she will do it someday, if she really wants to. She is a girl who achieves her dreams.

Bear is his same silly self and is doing amazingly well in school. I cannot believe how smart this kid is sometimes. He will ask me math questions that I don't know the answer to and I will be figuring it out on a calculator and he will reach the answer before I do (just from his head). It's crazy. He is finishing up his soccer season and he is wanting to do tackle football rather than soccer again. I think we will let him, he will be great at that. 

Magnus is his same fun, loving, silly, wonderful self. I love him so much. He is graduating from preschool this month and I think I am going to sign him up for swimming lessons this summer. He gets neglected on the sports front because I just have no time left. But this summer should we should be able to get him some good swim time in. We are currently trying to get him into an all day kindergarten that will give him extra help. He will be tested in August (right before his next brain scan) and I am crossing my fingers that they realize how much he needs it. Andy and I are just starting to notice memory problems from him and after talking to some parents in our support group, apparently if they are going to have this problem, this is when it starts to show up. It makes me sad, but we will help him in any way we can. It's weird having him so much slower developmentally than my other children who seemed to all be whiz kids. 

Sadie (our dog) continues to be a licky, lovey pup. I really like her most of the time, but sometimes I want to kick her. I guess we'll keep her. She's the only pet the kids haven't lost interest in. I can hardly believe she is turning 8 in June. Did you know I started this blog RIGHT after we got her?! So weird. She has spent many, many a night right here at my feet under the computer desk while I click-clack away on the keys. 

Holy moly, is this the longest blog post ever, or what?!

I don't even care. The sun is beautiful outside, the breeze is softly blowing, I can hear kids playing on the trampoline, and it is just a great day. I love my life. I am so happy. And I am so looking forward to summer. It is going to be the best summer ever. We have so many fun things planned and I am actually going on about 3 camping trips. Say what?! It's true. 

Miracles really do happen. 

Peace out.

1 comment:

Ryan and Erin said...

Whew! You sure are busy. All the more kudos to a great mama!