Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baron's 6 Month Checkup


We went to the Dr. today and what did we find out? That I have a huge baby. Well, we didn't find that out, I guess we just confirmed it because I pretty much already knew that! Anyway, my Baron boy is 21 pounds ( 91st percentile) 28 inches tall (91st percentile) and his head was 44 centimeters (50th percentile) His head has always been 50th percentile, but it doesn't seem small for his body. Hmmm, weird. Anyway, he is such a fun sweet, good baby. He rolls over and scoots around on his tummy. I think he'll be crawling within a month or two at the most. He still doesn't have any teeth, thank goodness (which is weird for my babies, they get teeth early and Jonah got his the latest at 6 months) because he still absolutely refuses to have a bottle, so I'm still nursing him, much to my dislike. He is the only 6 month old I've ever known that has temper tantrums. It is hilarious whenever we try to get him to take a bottle. He screams and cries and arches his back and tries to throw himself out of whosevers arms he is in. So after about 30 minutes of this (that's the longest Andy is willing to try) I end up nursing him- what a little stinker. He also loves to talk and babble and yell. I guess he likes the sound of his own voice (he's a lot like his dad ;) All the kids still adore him and are constantly trying to make him smile and laugh which he readily does. He especially adores Laylah and it was so cute when we came home from our girls weekend, when he saw Laylah he got so excited and was reaching for her until she picked him up (which is not an easy thing for her lately!) He's pretty much got his dad wrapped around his huge finger (ha ha) and all in all he's such a fun baby and we love him a lot. I can't believe he is 6 months old already! I can't say "I just had a baby" anymore because he's too old now. Where's my excuse for turning things down now? I guess Andy and I will just have to talk about having our next one.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tara and David said...

You have to think...at least he is not andre the giant!:) He is stinking cute though!

Rachel H said...

Love the stick figures at the bottom of the blog. Complete pic of the fam, down to Jonah's glasses :) I finally posted! Come check it out.