Monday, October 20, 2008

My Hubby and Me



So, being the amazing wife that I am , I decided to get these great tickets for my husband to go to the Utah (one of his favorite college teams) football game last Saturday. I told him about them the day before I went to St. George so he would be able to find someone to go with him. Well, he never found anyone, so I had to go (this was my attitude BEFORE the game) My brother and his wonderful wife watched our kids and we took off for trax to watch the Utes demolish Colorado State. I wasn't too into going because after all, I was a cheerleader in highschool for 3 years cheering at football games, and I still have no idea how the game goes, the rules, etc, nor do I have the desire to. My sweet husband does not mind this about me, even though he LOVES sports, he still loves me more. I have never watched a game of football with him before, even on TV. He told me it would be fun and I didn't really believe him. I even tried to sneak a book to read with me and he saw it and wouldn't let me bring it. I thought it would drag on and on. Well, we get there (we missed the first quarter much to Andy's disappointment and my delight) and we get to our seats and I'm thinking "This isn't so bad..." The weather couldn't have been more perfect- gorgeous sunshine, about 72 degrees. We had great seats, we could see all the action. Everytime I didn't understand something, Andy patiently explained it to me. We did chants, yells, dances to the school song and even the wave (which was so cool to watch, I've never seen one where everyone participates) Needless to say, I had such a great time and I loved spending it with my husband doing something he loves to do. I wouldn't even mind doing it again! Andy is so amazing and does so much for me and our family, I sure do like him. A lot!

No comments: