Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grandma's Halloween Party

The kids all wrapped up as mummies

me and Andy were partners... we lost

My brother Nate and his cute wife Annette... they won (look how tiny she is, he had way less to wrap, of course they won!)


My bro Doug and his cute wife Kimmi... I think they're struggling a bit :)

Andy and Nate blowing their spiders

Jonah (as a pirate) and my sis Suzanne racing their spiders


Cute bear as Winnie the Pooh

Daphers as Tinkerbell

Pumpkin relay... this is so funny, you roll the pumkins as fast as you can across the lawn back and forth. My sisters dog Zule kept on chasing the pumpkins and trying to pick them up in his mouth (unsuccessfully...)

Laylah (she is a bride) and my adorable neice Kiersta ( a chick)


My cute nephew Jack as a cowboy

My cute grandma Jerman


Laylah playing in the rootbeer witches brew


My mom has started a tradition of a Halloween Party every year and I love it. I absolutely love this time of year- the smell, the colors, the weather, everything. My mom never does anything halfway (which is one of the things I admire about her so much) and her house was decked out in decor, which I love. We ate dinner- chili or clam chowder in soup bowls (yummy!) and rootbeer potion, and played a bunch of games like dress the mummy, eyeball relay, roll the pumpkin relay, and chase the spider race. We topped off the night with scary movies- Garfields Halloween for the kids ( does anyone remember this movie? I'm pretty sure I watched it about 100 times as a kid) and Wait Until Dark for the grown-ups. It doesn't matter that I've seen that movie, every time the guy jumps out of the shadows and grabs Audrey Hepburn, I jump about a mile. It made Andy laugh his head off. It was such a fun night and my mom topped it off with delicious caramel and chocolate covered apples. Yum yum :)

No comments: