Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Girl's Weekend!

Best friends at the park eating lunch


Our cute pedicured feet

Rach and Ella at the park

These three were the 3 musketeers the whole weekend- this is at the pizza factory




In the tubby!




Right before we left- back row: Kaylie, Rachel, Annette, Me, Suzanne, front row: Daphne, Ethan, Kiersta, Baron, Ella




Cute cousins! They are about 3 months apart, but Baron is twice the size of Ella


My cute mom with almost all her grandchildren (well, about half :)




Kaylie twirling in the spinny thing- I tried it and it made me sick


I had to put this in to show you how windy it was! Look at our hair!




My 15 year old sister in the gift shop (that should explain everything!)


Daphne so excited to go swimming









My parents have a condo in St. George and in July I suggested that we go there for a girls only trip. So we went last weekend. It was so much fun! I only brought Daphne and Baron, because the other kids were in school, plus, I knew I would have no fun if I was chasing four kids around all weekend. So my wonderful husband took care of Laylah and Jonah (or more accurately, his mother did :) and all of the girls in my family including my mom, my sisters- Rachel, Suzanne, and Kaylie, and my sister-in-law Annette, plus Annette and Rachel's kids went to St. George! My one sister-in-law Kimmie and her little boy Jack couldn't come because Kimmie couldn't get out of a work meeting- we missed you! We got there on Thursday afternoon and we had tickets to Tuacan that night to Les Mis. We went early for the dinner they serve. It was really yummy, not to mention hilarious. It was incredibly windy and they serve the dinner outside, buffet style. So, as we were getting our food onto our plates, it kept flying off onto the floor or elsewhere. When we all finally got our food we went inside to eat. They didn't have much seating in there, so we sat on the floor to eat rather that try to eat in the wind outside. Then we walked around and looked in the gift shop until the play started. The play was great, I hadn't ever seen it and I loved it. It was so much fun and we got home pretty late but we still watched a movie (Big) and stayed up talking until really late with my mom who had stayed home with the kids because she had seen Les Mis already (thanks mom, your the best!) The next day we went for a walk to the playground and talked while the kids played and when we got back we went swimming. The pool is heated, so it wasn't too bad. After that, we put the kids down for a nap and Suzanne and Kaylie stayed home while the rest of us went shopping. We got home that night and ate and played some games and then watched another movie (Iron Man) I actually read while everyone watched because I hate movies like that. On Saturday Annette made everyone a yummy breakfast and then we sat around for awhile and then went to the park for lunch were we had a picnic. It was freezing, so that didn't last long. We put the kids down for naps and my wonderful mom stayed home again so we could all go get pedicures. We shopped for a bit after that and then we went home to get the kids and my mom and went to dinner at The Pizza Factory. Yummy... We sat around on Saturday night and watched movies and laughed our heads off and talked. I also cut my nephews and Rachels hair (She lives in Vegas, so whenver I see her I have to do her hair of course!) On Sunday we were going to go to church and then go home, but the kids had had it so we just packed up and left. It was such a fun trip and I want to do it again but there will be one rule- NO kids next time! Husbands can just stay home for a couple days so their wives can enjoy a nice quiet, no screaming children, good night sleep weekend! We ate tons of junk and I feel like I need to lose about 10 pounds now (on top of my baby weight I'm still working on losing :) but it was really such a fun trip! Thanks girls!! By the way, sorry I'm reatrded and don't know how to upload my pictures in order or right side up instead of sideways!!

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Lets hear it for the girls! It was wonderful to see everyone. Definitely need to do it again minus the kiddies. See you at Christmas!