Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving!!

Look at all those masterpieces!

All of our cute jack-o-lanterns

Andy working hard... I cleaned out the pumpkins and he carved them all


Daphne sitting on the "duds" (whoever heard of a green pumpkin?)

My cute grandma Marge with Baron

This is what Daphne did while we carved the pumpkins... she wasn't really interested (which is weird- she loved it last year)


Jojies pumpkin all cleaned out and ready to go


Laylah drawing a face on her pumpkin

Cleaning out the guts. When we opened up the first one Jonah asked me "Mom, will you help me clean out these weeds in my pumkin? There sure are a lot!" Cutie


My brother Nate and his wife Annette did a vegetable garden this year and they planted a ton of stuff, but the pumpkins took over their garden. They had about 50, and the funny thing was, only half of them turned orange... they had a ton of green pumpkins. So, they decided to have a pumpkin carving party. We went to their "Pumpkin Patch" and picked out our pumpkins and had a carving party. It was so much fun and I think we should do it every year. Annette made tons of yummy food and it was just fun hanging out and having a blast. I especially liked the part that I didn't have to clean up any of the yucky pumpkin guts :)

2 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

Wow 50 pumpkins that's a ton!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I need to get a garden one day.

Rachel H said...

When I see the fun stuff you guys do, it makes me wish I lived in Utah instead of dumb old Las Vegas. Sure wish my whole family could move down here....sure wish.