Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hannah Montana Birthday Party.... Rock On!!!

Waiting for guests! She set the table and stuffed the cute gift bags (cell phone lip gloss, Hannah nail polish, and Airheads candy... I thought that was fitting :) all by herself

cute new birthday outfit (dad thinks the skirt is too short... could I get someone else's opinion please?)



Make a wish!
Yummy... cupcakes

Heavy Heavy Hangover... anyone else remember this game? The girls just looked at me like I was crazy when I explained it to them

To the movies we go!


Okay, first of all- why do we as parents go to these crazy, extreme measures just so our kids can be happy? Isn't it okay for a kid to have a little disappointment? Apparently I can't grasp the concept of that, so the answer is no, I cannot bear to see my children disappointed. Let me start off with the bad and then we'll have the good.
Laylah wanted a Hannah Montana birthday party. She has talked about it for months. She wanted all her friends to come over, have cupcakes, and then go see the Hannah movie. Easy, right? WRONG! I called the movie theatres last week to check for times, etc. They told me they weren't sure if it would still be in the theatre on Thursday May 21st (the day I was planning to have the party) because it might be moving to the dollar movies. They tell me I'll have to call back the next week to find out. I think, okay, we can see it at the dollar movies, no problem. I call them. They say it might take a week to get the movie in. Okay, I'll just move the party to a week after her birthday, fine. I call back at the beginning of the week and find out that Thursday is the last day it will be in the theatre. I call the dollar movie to see when they will be getting it in. They tell me.... 3 weeks to a month. WHAT?! Is this happening? I now have 2 days to get out invitations and and prepare for this party- decor, order a cake, get a babysitter for my other kids, etc... and hope that people actually come to this poor girls birthday party-or else she'll have to wait a month for her dream party. (Is all of this making sense? I hope so :)
Anyway, I sent her with the invitations to school, inviting the girls to her party for the NEXT day. She invited 8 girls and I just hoped at least 3 came. Well, 5 came! She was a little bummed that the other 3 didn't, but I explained to her that that was how it went sometimes.
We had a fun party eating cupcakes, opening presents, and going to see the Hannah Montana Movie. It was pretty cute. One of the girls said to me "Do you think Hannah will come? Because I saw on the news that she came to a movie theatre in Salt Lake!" I just told her that maybe she would :) Laylah had so much fun. I can't believe in two days I will have a 6 year old! And P.S. Driving with six 6 year old girls in a car is pretty crazy to say the least... I don't recommend it.

5 comments:

Joanie said...

I have 5 daughters....I know how that is...sounds fun though!

Tara and David said...

How fun, can't wait till those days? :) I can't believe that she is 6. How crazy is that!

Travis and Cristan said...

I am so glad that you did have a good turn out! It sounds like ot all went well.

And Laylah's skirt is not too short! It goes to her knees! Ya gotta love those over protective daddy's!

P.S. Thanks for the drop off!

Becca and Brian said...

I dont think its to short it goes to her knee so she's good. I'm glad the party turned out good. Looks like she had a fun time. She is getting so big!!

Justin, Leta, Isaac, Katie, & Miles Robinson said...

Sarah,

How Funny. I loved this post, as my soon to be three year old is requesting a Dora party, and I'm asking myself, "Do, I really want a bunch of two and three years olds smearing Dora frosting everywhere?" But I am with you, the answer is a definite, Yes. We've got to create the crazy memories right? The skirt is fine.