Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend...

We went to Panguitch, UT for Memorial weekend this year, and our bad luck with weather on vacations followed us. It rained and was cold almost the entire time! Don't invite us on any trips, you'll just get bad weather. I think this is the fourth trip in a row! When will it end?? And I, of course, didn't check the weather and only brought summer clothes. Luckily Andy is smart and grabbed all of our jackets right as we were leaving. We also had some other bad luck on this trip, but more about that later. Anyway, I can't say I was really looking forward to it, but it was so much fun, I am so glad we went, and my whole family had such a great time. We went for Andy's grandparents on his dad's side (Great G and G Collette). It was their 50th wedding anniversery and all of their kids decided to throw them a big party. I am so lucky that I absolutely love and adore all of my inlaws- meaning Andy's immediate family and also all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. They are such a great, fun, and wonderful group of people. It's funny because Andy's dad is the second to oldest child, and he has 4 younger siblings who all have really little kids. Some of Andy's cousins are my kids' ages, if not younger. So my kids had so many cousins and kids to play with. They didn't even want to come home.

We got there Friday afternoon (after Andy had recieved a speeding ticket on the way down. More bad luck. I think that is like his 13th since I have known him. Grrr, it drives me crazy) and they had planned a bonfire to roast our dinner. We had so much fun chatting and catching up with everyone (all of Andy's aunts, uncles, and cousins live out of state, so it had been a few years since we'd seen all of them) My kids were in heaven with the tons of kids running around. We did have a little scare for about 5 minutes (which felt like hours) when Daphne went missing. We had rented this big warehouse at the fairgrounds to have all of our parties at, and there was a playground nearby. All of the little girls from ages 2-14 had gone over to play freeze tag. Laylah came running in after awhile and said that Daphne was missing. One minute she was there and the next she was gone. I jumped right up and told Andy and we ran outside in the rain to search for her. There were a lot of people nearby at other buildings on the fairgrounds, and I just kept picturing someone driving by and snatching her up in their car and driving far away. I had horrible images going through my head. I was terrified. Andy called his dad after a minute, who announced it and everyone jumped up to start looking. All of the sudden Daphne walked out of the restroom. No one had even seen her go in there. It was the biggest relief I have ever felt. Here are a few pics of the first night.

At the bonfireHaving a blast running around the warehouse

Playing basketball in the warehouse

Our family pow-wow

The next morning we had this huge delicious breakfast and we had the town pool rented to go swimming that afternoon for a couple hours. Then the pool called to say the water heater was broken and the water temp was 40 degrees(more bad luck). So the kids had to find some other entertaining activities. They found this old tractor...
And Andy's grandma was nice enough to bring some movies and a TV to set up in the warehouse...And that day was Laylah's birthday, so we ended up going back to our hotel and having a little party for her. Later that night was the big anniversery party. Andy's aunt decorated the church so beautifully and dinner was amazing. It was such a fun party with dancing and everyone was on the floor. Daphne and her Aunt Terra were really ripping it up. One of Andy's cousins that is just a little older than Laylah was teaching her to dance. They were so cute. I think they both had a little crush on the other :)Everyone was giving Andy a hard time about not dressing up(he wore jeans instead of slacks), and he went in the hall and found this tiny tie and jacket and wore it around the rest of the night.

I didn't see Jo for awhile (which is usually the case) and went searching for him. I found him in the nursury playing with toys. I guess he's not into dancing :)

The last day we went to church with everyone, and then had a luncheon afterwards. It was also a birthday party for Andy's grandpa who turned 75. These pics are the morning of, in the hotel room. The kids were being goofy.
I had to take this picture. We made Jonah sleep in the bathtub because he started coughing Saturday night and it was driving everyone crazy. Andy made him a bed in the tub and we all finally got a few good hours of sleep. We had a great trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah I am upstairs please come see me. Andy

Corrine said...

Oh come on, lazy butt!!!! Go downstairs and find her:) Seriously, those are some fun pics. I am glad to hear we are not the only ones who seem to have bad luck follow us. Happy Birthday Laylah!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

WOw what a fun weekend. Ok so I don't know your hubby but he is awesome, I love the pic of him in the tie and jacket, that is RAD! Your kids are darling and you look great. So much fun!

Becca and Brian said...

Layla looks so cute dancing with a boy. Looks like you had a great weekend. Andy is such a goof, I love his tie and jacket.