Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Weekend

*Sorry, I was so lazy and didn't take any pictures!! Kind of boring for you "visual" people :)

This past weekend I was supposed to take my girls and go out of town with my dad. Well, on Thursday morning my dad called and said he was so sick and just didn't think he could do it, so we had to cancel our plans. Andy knew I was so bummed, and so sad about not being able to go, so he did everything he could to make our weekend fun anyway. On Friday afternoon we got a tender for a few hours (thanks Bree!!) and went to the temple. It was so nice and beautiful. I love going when it's not busy, it's easier for me to really feel the spirit. We had an amazing time there. We then went and picked up our kids from the babysitter and took them out to dinner. We went to Olive Garden and it was soooo yummy. We went home and put the kids to bed and Andy went and got us ice cream from Leatherbys (my FAV!!) and we just relaxed and talked and I read for awhile. It was very relaxing. On Saturday we went to Jo's first soccer game of the season (thats the post above!) and it got rained out after the first half, so we went home (we were all SOAKED to the bone) and gave all the kids warm baths. We just hung out as a family all day. I love days like that because it seems like they are few and far between. We were so lazy and that evening Andy had to run an errand and he brought us home cheeseburgers and fries for dinner, shakes for dessert, and Highschool Musical 3!! So fun! We had such a fun movie night and we all loved the movie. It ended up being such a great weekend and I'm so happy I have such a great guy who takes care of me and does whatever he can to make me happy when I was so sad :)

3 comments:

amberkei said...

What a great time! I'm sorry that your weekend got thrown a curve, but I'm glad it all came together and you still had a great time! We really need to get together again. I'm loving the sunshine today, but can't trust that it won't rain again soon. What good sports your kids were to support Jonah with all the rain!

Rachel said...

hmmmm, I LOVE Leatherby's!! My fave is cookie's n cream drowned in hot fudge and caramel. Back in the day I would get the Grandma Grace's with my roommates and we would eat the whole thing.

Becca and Brian said...

Well sounds like a great weekend after all. I bet your family all enjoyed being together and spending quality time. I really need to get to the temple. It's always nice to get the spiritual lift from the temple It seems to calm me from the frustrations of daily life and I could use that. I bet you feel great!