Monday, May 4, 2009

Soccer Season!

Chillin with the ladies!
Jo doesn't have his uniform yet because they only gave us 10 uniforms and there are 11 kids on the team. He's going to have to wait until next week to get his uniform, so he had a little homemade one at the game on Saturday.

Going for the goal!!


Jo had his first game of the season on Saturday. In my opinion, they should have cancelled it. It was drizzling when it started and by the half it was POURING, so they stopped after half of the game. I didn't get many pictures because I didn't want my camera to get ruined, but I got a couple. It was so funny, I had Bear on my lap under one umbrella, and the girls were sharing a chair and they each had their own umbrella. I wish I had a picture. It was so funny to see them all huddled up together and they kept dripping water onto each other from their umbrellas and freaking out. Bear had his feet sticking out from under the umbrella and his pants from the knee down were so soaked that I was able to wring them out when we got home. At one point the rain was coming down completely sideways and I had to hold the umbrella in FRONT of us to block it.
Anyway, Andy is the coach for Jo's team and all the kids were so adorable running around in the rain! And Jonah scored a GOAL!! He was so happy and we were all so proud of him. It was still fun, even in the rain, and I can't wait to go to the rest of the games. I'm so proud of my Jo. He's getting so big!

3 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

Well without the picture I can imagine how cute your girls looked sitting on the chair with the umbrella. I get it was exciting for them to be in the rain and watch there brother play a game. He looks so cute.

Mrs.Spy said...

You are such a good mom, Sarah!!

I barely attend my kid things when it's sunny and nice outside, you are amazing for being there with all that rotten rain!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So funny, I can't believe that they didn't call the game sooner...I thought at kids games it had to be perfect conditions! Still it made for a very cool first game!