Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Laylah and Family Party

We were out of town (in Panguitch, UT- see above post :) for Laylah's birthday this year. I brought all of her smaller presents and also a cupcake for her and we had a little party in our hotel room for her. We had planned on going swimming that day because she loves swimming, but the pool heater broke, so it was closed. Instead, after she opened her presents, we all took a nap, except Laylah, who played with all of her new stuff. I told her I would take her swimming this week to make up for it.




From Andy and I Laylah received 2 Barbie movies (Thumbelina and Pegasus), a Barbie ipod, a digital camera, and a cute little purse full of stuff- Hannah Montana slippers, jewelry, lipgloss, and a diary with a lock on it (she informed me this was what she REALLY wanted so no one could see all of her important things :) She also got a Delux Cupcake Maker at her family party- I wasn't about to lug that thing out of town when she couldn't even play with it while we were there.




Family Party


We had Lay's family Party on Memorial Day. For dinner, we were invited to a BBQ at Andy's parents, so she didn't get to choose her favorite dinner for me to make, but I think she was happy with the hot dog she had :) We came to our house afterwards and had sour cream fudge cake, cookie dough ice cream and cookies and cream ice cream, and Laylah got some more gifts- a craft kit, some money, a porcelain doll, and a laptop computer. She was so excited and happy with everything she got. She had such a great and happy birthday. Thanks everyone!!

I ran out of girly wrapping paper and had to use this Cars stuff. Jonah was excited for a minute and thought that maybe the gifts were for him because of the "boy" wrapping paper. After I told him they weren't he was even more upset than usual (see picture further down :)




Look how hard she's concentrating!

This picture cracks me up. For some reason, Jonah has the hardest time with birthdays. He is the sweetest kid until someone else's birthday comes around. I wonder if it's because his is the last of the year in our family. He was ornery all night. He refused to smile for this picture.


Laylah was such a lucky girl this year. Her birthday lasted for a week! She took cupcakes to school last Tuesday and her class celebrated that day, her birthday party was Thursday, her actual birthday was Saturday, and her family party was Monday. She said to me "I am SO lucky mom, my birthday was way longer than just one day!"

No comments: