Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Think We're Ready...

- popsicles (check)
- ice cream (check)
- tons of library books (check)
- tons of movies(check)
- cds to listen to (check)
- lots of video games both Wii and Leapster (double check)
...for tomorrow- Laylah is getting her tonsils out. I have spent all week getting ready because the doctor says she will be down for a week to 10 days and probably won't want to go anywhere. I have a lot of cleaning projects planned. And I got ALL my errands done this week. Hopefully she'll snap out of it and feel better before then or else I think I might go crazy!!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy cow! Tonsils now...that's crazy. Let me know if you need anything!

Brooke and Jason said...

Don't worry! Jason just had his out about 2 weeks ago. He is up and moving and was up pretty fast. Just feeling really sore and didn't want to eat. He says it feels like cats are scratching his throat when he eats! I hear little kids are better than adults. So good luck! Make a batch of Jello. He liked that!

Tara and David said...

Kids bounce back really fast. When my nephew had his out, my sister had to put potatoe chips away the night he came home because all he wanted to do was eat those. And she couldn't keep him in bed...per docs orders. Good luck though, it is always scary no matter what the surgery. Especially when it is your own kid!

amberkei said...

You are so prepared! Good luck this week and hope she is back to normal again soon! Good job on getting the errands done...love when that happens! :)

SamandJasonfamily said...

I've heard it's a bit easier when they're younger. Not easy though. Let me know if I can help w Baron.

Travis and Cristan said...

I'll pray for her....and you :)

Ashlie said...

Good luck! It looks like you are very well prepared:)

Corrine said...

Way to go girl! You really are prepared. Send the rest of your kids this way. We'll take care of them :)

The A.Wahls said...

Good luck! I remember being pretty miserable when I had mine out but all the fun stuff you picked up will surely help. Kids don't like holding still, as you well know, so I'm sure she'll be anxious to be up asap too. Hope all goes well.

Becca and Brian said...

How did the surgery go? Maybe I can take your other kids to the park next week so they can get out. Let me know I would love to help you out in some way. I can pick then up.