Monday, May 25, 2009

Laylah Turns 6

I cannot believe I have a six year old. How does time go by so quickly? Laylah is such a wonderful, fun, hilarious, helpful, smart, cute, sweet, thoughtful, darling girl. She loves school and does so well. She just had her end of year assesment for kindergarten and passed with 100%. Her teacher told me she is in the top 3 of the class and she is also one of the top 3 readers. She loves growing up. She loves having responsibility. She is such a great big sister and will do anything I ask her to do when I need help. She has been taking dance and loves it, but she thinks she might like to take a break next year and maybe try ice-skating lessons instead. We'll see how she feels this fall. She loves her friends and gets really crazy when she is with them. She is an emotional child and cries often when she is upset or angry. She can be very sensitive which sometimes drives me crazy. She loves to play the Wii, watch movies (all kinds), ride her bike, jump on the tramp, draw and color (and she is becoming quite the little artist), and pretend to do grown-up things. She is a great eater and not at all picky. She will always try something at least once and she is so sweet in telling me that I am a great cook and always tells me thank you for making her dinner. She LOVES treats, maybe more than anything. She is so sweet and loving. She is still extremely attatched to her baby blanket that her Grandma Collette made and has to sleep with it every night. We all adore our Laylah. She is one of the sweetest girls I know and I'm so happy she's mine. I cannot believe how much she has grown up in the past year. Here are her past 6 years in reverse...



Preschool graduation
Fifth Birthday




We chopped about 14 inches off her hair right after preschool started. It is almost this long again.

First day of preschool



Fourth Birthday



Third Birthday

She's being a fish right here :)


Such a sweet big sissy


Second Birthday
All of these pictures had to be scanned in (we didn't get a digital camera until Laylah was almost 2!) so they are kind of small and hard to see


Laylah's First Birthday

poor jaundice baby had to be in the bilibed for 3 days straight. It was so sad!
My little 9 pound 8 ounce bundle of joy came into my world 1 week early after only 6 hours of labor. What a good little baby :)

I love you so much Laylah. Happy Birthday Lovie.

5 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

oH MEMORIES!! She is so cute! I love the pic when she was little holding Joe, I think Joe was bigger than her.

Brooke and Jason said...

I cant believe how they grow so fast. Mine is almost three and I am starting to feel sad!

Travis and Cristan said...

O-K- One of my favorite posts! I love what you wrote and I love the pictures. It brings up all sorts of emotions- I can't believe your little girl is 6!
She is seriously one of the best- so sweet, and helpful, and always trying to help in any way she can. We all just love her.
You guys have done an awesome job raising her!

Melanie said...

I loved looking at all the pictures! She looks so much like you Sarah. I especially love the pic of her wearing your boots. So cute!

SamandJasonfamily said...

These pictures are so cute. She is such a cute girl. She looks just like you.