Wednesday, January 23, 2013

August = Hot!

August was a hot one last year. We played in the water A LOT! Rachel came to visit, as well as some cousins on Andy's side of the family, so we got a lot of cousin time in too. Lots of sleepovers, swimming, and playing happened in August.






While Rachel was here, we did a lot of shopping, swimming, and dinner's out. We also had some friends come visit from Virginia, The Ransom's. Their son Jason and Jonah were best buddies. I could have sworn I took some pictures, but I can't find them. 

 Andy's parents had Andy's sister Jenny's kids for a week, and it was a lot of fun getting to play with them because we don't get to see them very much. One day Andy's parents took all of our kids and all of Jenny's kids downtown to the Church History Museum and out to lunch. Then they went and played in the fountains at City Creek. They had a blast playing with their cousins all day. That night, they all slept over at our house.

Laylah had a soccer tournament mid-August. her team did a great job, I think they came in 4th overall. Laylah had some awesome assists and passes. She's #80.


My cousins from China and Oregon were also here visiting in August. We are really close with my mom's side of the family, so when they come in the summer, it's like one big non-stop party. We went swimming nearly every day they were here, and they came and slept over at my house one night. We had several barbeques and big family dinners while they were all here. It was a blast. I love my family.


 We also went swimming with all of Andy's family at Murray Pool the last day that Jenny's kids were visiting. Once again, I thought I took some pictures, but I can't find them!

Some other pictures I can't find is of my kids with their other cousins, the Williams' kids. I invited Andy's sister Stefanie's kids to come and spend the night because she is pregnant and was super sick. They had a blast playing outside all evening until it was time to come in and watch a movie and go to bed. The next day we went to Pineview Reservoir with all of Andy's family (that live here) and played on the beach all day. They also have a nice picnic area where we gorged ourselves on delicious food. Everyone in Andy's family are wonderful cooks. Andy's parents rented a wave runner and we took turns giving the kids a ride. It was so much fun.

Andy and I were in charge of the ward campout this year, so we had to go to that. It was fine, I'm just not a fan of camping. We got this kool-aid mix that all the kids loved, but apparently, it has major artificial coloring in it because all of the kids there had red mustaches the entire camping trip. It did not wash off very easily! It was fun to get to know some of the people in our ward better, and of course my kids loved it.




Unfortunately for the kids, August means Back To School time! We spent a whole day back to school shopping for all of our supplies and a first day of school outfit. It was fun and it got the kids excited for school to start.

We went to Lagoon one day with my entire family. I love that my kids are getting older and are able to go on all of the roller coasters now. We had soooo much fun.















I was able to get together with Becca when she came to visit. Her family moved to Wisconsin 2 years ago, and it was great to see them. We went (where else?) swimming with them and it was fun to catch up and also see her 2 new little girls that I'd never met!

We had our Back To School Feast and party, but I'll do a seperate post for that. Also, the kids started school. The night of the first day of school, Murray City had a safety fair and we went to it for FHE. It was SO much fun. They had demonstrations, ambulance and firetrucks and police cars for the kids to go in and see, free stuff that they were giving away, and other fun stuff to do. 





 Andy's pointing at the Life Flight helicopter that landed in the parking lot


 Jonah dunked this guy! He was the first one to hit it.


So, all in all, we had a great August. Fun, friends, family, water, cousins, playing, movies, barbecues, and all of that good stuff. It was a great summer!

No comments: